Pass the Cheer!!

it's about 6:20 am. it's dark. it's chilli. i am bustling my way down several flights of outdoor stairs to get to the door of the MOA that i am allowed to enter with my badge. with my sweatshirt pulled tightly around me i walk as briskly as possible to make it to my store a few minutes before scheduled. i rush past the guard (who actually was MIA this morning!) and down the long corridor to get to the escalator. my mind is in a fog, my typical morning state.

but, something manages to catch my eye this morning. i slowly lift my head...and what do i see but thousands of twinkling, sparkling, tiny, bright white christmas lights! hundreds of strands hung from the highest point in the ceiling- three stories up. my heart danced inside me. it was warmed to the very depths. i jogged up the escalator to get to my floor, and stood on the balcony gazing all around me- surrounded by the beautiful, cheery, warm, sparkly, twinkly lights. i looked as high as the lights went, and then leaned down to see below me where the strands ended...it was just me, the stillness of the quiet early morning mall and the warm little christmas lights. every year i revel in the MOA twinkly lights. it's probably my favorite part of the MOA at christmas, and it's here!

pass the cheer is here, too! we got our first shipment of christmas stuff at starbucks! christmas bags, christmas short cups, christmas sleeves...i was skipping all around the back room today- full of excitment that it's here! the red cups, the peppermint mochas, the red trays, the green and blue sleeves...it's only just beginning! holiday phase I officially starts in just 16 days! november 8 is the big day! i can hardly wait!

i am already relishing in christmas cheer. i roamed the christmas aisles at walmart today- soaking in all the warmth and happiness that only the christmas season can bring. the lights were up there, too- again, making my heart soar! i bought christmas cards, and a special little decoration for our apartment.... ;)

christmas only comes once a year- and it's here! it's here! pass the cheer is HERE!

6 comments:

the way I see it... said...

hollllerrrrrrrrrrrrrr :)!!!

i'm SO thankful i got to enjoy the first day of Christmas cheer with you! Thank you, thank you, thank you for the beautiful cup sleeves, my "short" cheery cup and of course the much-needed nut cracker :)

can't wait for Christmas in my mouth on November 8th!

Tara said...

I'm putting it on my calendar!!! My heart is so warmed for you...if there's anyone who's heart is bursting while reading this post, you know it's me. =) hee hee

Heidi said...

I love it! I didn't really decorate my tiny studio apartment for Christmas last year with the wedding planning and trip to NY for Christmas. So I'm SUPER excited to hear about the lights and the still-to-come Christmas goodies, etc. I just got a Crate and Barrel Christmas catelog Tuesday! Woo hoo!

Jamie said...

So Heidi, when are you and Dan going to decorate the Shearer Christmas Table? It will be so special! Knowing Dan...I'm sure he will want all of the Christmas decorations weeks before Thanksgiving.

Heidi said...

Shhh...I have him thinking about getting a real tree. ;) Decorations may have to sneak out a piece at a time. You know Dan too well.

y2krust said...

Christmas before Halloween!?!? That's insane! It's happening here in Germany too. Personally, I start counting down to Christmas in August, but I still like to take the holidays one-at-a-time (though I've come to dislike Thanksgiving, since I have no family to celebrate with. :-( (How'd the Tylenol PM work?)