i miss my finger

i do quite miss my finger. i can't really type very well, so i will not be writing a very lengthy post. writing is my outlet, and "missing" a finger really hinders that endeavor. even using a pen or fork is weird. it's interesting being injured for a day or two- crazy stories to tell, some thing creepy to constantly evaluate, etc. i've grown weary of it though. it's making every day living more difficult and i don't rather like it. i imagine i still have an ordeal to go through before it's all said and done. i won't describe that ordeal as it's rather gross. the body is a mystery to me. i'm oh-so fascinated by God's creation of it. poor finger- i feel bad for you.

3 comments:

Chuck said...

I can relate Abs. When I was either 12 or 13 I accidentaly slammed my finger in the car door, which was locked. I was screaming for what seemed liked several minutes until my Mom realized what had happened, and finally unlocked the door for me! I never lost the fingernail, but it turned many different shades of purple and blue.

Laura Siegrist said...

i know you said you wouldn't describe what happened b/c it was gross, but i think we can handle it. really, i'm just curious. what happened?! and how is that mysterious spider bite on your leg? ever figure out if it really was a spider? i can relate to you missing your finger. last year i accidentally cut my middle finger on my left hand. i had to get 8 stitches in it. it was wrapped for a week and hurt so long. i have a permanant loss of feeling in part of it since i cut a nerve. it was difficult to type or do anything for months. i hope you feel better! and if you can give us some inkling of your malady's (sp?) it would fulfill our curiosity! merry christmas!

Heidi said...

I did not even notice the finger injury on Sunday night. So sorry... you must have been hiding it well. :)