my red coat

for as long as i can remember, we've been best friends. i'm not sure when my mom turned into my friend...but it happened. we became more then mother-daughter. mom and i talk about every thing under the sun. she knows me, and understands me more then any one else in this entire universe. our bond is so strong, and we know each other so well that we can almost never keep secrets from each other.

today i got a package. the slip arrived yesterday informing me to pick up my package today some time after 6:30 am. i rolled out of bed this morning feeling quite lousy with a cold. i was drudging my way to the kitchen when i spotted the slip on our note board. instantly an excited "oh yeah!" surged throug me. i threw on a pair of old jeans, my pink boots, a hat, scarf, and puffy coat, prepared to fight the storm and get to the post office. as i was bracing the wind, the snow smacking my face, i thought, "wouldn't it be nice if my package was something warm to wear?"

i picked up my package, fought my way through the storm, back to my car, and tore it open immediately! and there it was. a new, down, warm, goose feather coat just for me! i was in awe! i had been wanting a nice warm coat for winter this year and my mother knew my need even before i did! i was so touched. so excited. so happy. so relieved. so in awe. i feel so loved.

mom. i wouldn't be who i am without her.

i thought about my new red coat all day. every time i was annoyed at work, or had moments alone...my heart would smile remembering that special gift sent just to me today...with love from my mom...

3 comments:

Laura Siegrist said...

awww, that's so awesome! i want to see a picture of you in your new coat! please post!

Dan, Heather, and Bjorn said...

Will the coat be making an appearance on Sunday night? I wanna see it too :)
-Dan H

Tara said...

I am warmed just reading this.