spider woman

i can't escape the arachnoids. i knew they were stalking me, and i was right.

i woke up in the night the other night with a pain in my thigh. i thought, "oh brother. another bruise from work." this happends all the time. i rolled onto my other side and moved on with my sleep.

the next morning as i was preparing for my day, something on my thigh caught my eye. i leaned in closer to examine and what do i see? some sort of knot/welt with a perfect red circle outlining it. it was about the size of an oreo cookie. ish.

i carried on with my day- no big deal. the next day, it was still annoying me. i could feel it when i moved...just like a bruise. i complained to a co-worker (i have this thing about feeling the need to express injuries, illnesses,bodily functions, etc. ) and she instantly freaked. she told me i should go to the doctor in case it was a spider bite.

ISH.

it had been in the back of my mind all along, but i had refused to go there. i called my aunt, who is a nurse, and long story short ended up at urgent care.

since i am not at liberty to express the circumstances to which i had to live...let me just say they gave me some drugs (YEAH!) and we're hoping for the best. it's not too comforting when the doctor says, "hhhmmm...that is odd...i haven't seen this..." and traces my said spider bite with a pen.

now i'm creeped and get all itchy when i climb into my bed. it's not "sleeping-in-the-living room- worthy", but still creepy. when and where could i have possibly been attacked?

i think the poison crept up to my throat, because today i woke up with no voice...

what a weird-o week.

my dad says now i can be spider woman. hardy har har.

i suppose if i get to kiss a hot guy up-side-down then it might not be that bad...

4 comments:

Laura Siegrist said...

oh...my...word. i am seriously freaked out with you. you know, they sell stuff at walmart that you can spray around the edges of your rooms/windows/anywhere else that will kill lots of pesky bugs including spiders. i have dave spray it whenever i start seeing house spiders or centipedes (which creep me out even more than spiders!) and it works really well! hope you feel better. since you have no voice, does that mean you can't work?

gretchen said...

he was not hot. brett favre is waaaaaayyyyy better!

y2krust said...

Ab . . . sorry, kiddo. Man. Life keeps biting you in the butt. Lol I crack myself up. Enjoy the upside-down-kiss fantasy while it lasts. Sometimes, it's all we have. ;-)

Full of JOY said...

who said it was a fantasy???? :)