Exactly

Exactly one year ago today, my Dad underwent his 3rd open-heart surgery at The University of Penn hospital.  At this time last year, my family was waiting as my Dad's heart lie on an operating table...again.  That was certainly no game of  "Operation."  In this operation, there is no buzzer that sounds when you hit the wall.  It is a reality that we lived through and will forever praise God for.  It's a terrifying memory, but sweet at the same time.  Sweet because of God's overwhelming peace.  We felt God's presence so tangibly, it was as if He was literally hugging us all day.  And what a loooooong day it was.  Oh how the hours dragged by!



But praise God from whom ALL blessings flow, He brought my Dad through.  Just a few weeks ago my mom threw a semi-surprise party for my dad to celebrate all that God has done this year.  She took the people who were at the hospital the day of my dad's surgery out to an incredible steak dinner.  Then we went back to my parent's house for some of Julie's famous, delicious, and astounding CAKE!  (The same Julie who made our wedding cake.)  It was a night to remember and savor in our hearts.




 My Dad see's his surgeon in Philly tomorrow (Friday, November 20).  Please pray for him!  I know we've all been struggling a bit about worrying.  There's this looming fear that arises when the surgeon visits are scheduled.  Will he find some thing....again?  Pray that my Dad has a clean bill of health!



 I know God is overwhelmingly good to his children at ALL times.  I struggle with anxiety over my Dad's heart and all that he has gone through.  I know my Dad struggles, too.  Pray for him!  Though I believe God will be good no matter what the visit tomorrow shows, it is still hard to wait.  It is still hard to trust, but I wish it were easy for me.  It should be by now, right?

God's words to me today: (Phil. 4) 

The Lord is near.  And the God of peace will be with you.

Thank you God!

Father and Me

5 comments:

...desperate to love as God loves... said...

awwww, i remember when he had the surgery! it's already been a year! incredible.

we're praying!

Anonymous said...

Time flies....God's been faithful...praying for your dad that we'll hear about a clean bill of health....looking forward to good news...

l.trish/john

Tricia said...

Will be praying for your Dad! that is so special how you cared for your Dad after his surgery!
BTW, love the new blog set-up!
Mom D

The Owl said...

I will be praying for everyone!!! I love you all!! Roomie

Anonymous said...

praying!