Date with Renate

One fun afternoon Chuck, Renate, and I went out for lunch so I could experience a Doener Kebab.  Though actually Turkish in origin, Doeners are still a yummy German must-try.  Just thinking back on our little date makes me want to eat one again right now.  This was also where I got to try Schwip Schwap, a cola/orange drink.  I would liken a Doener to an enormous pita-type bread (so delish!) stuffed with meat, lettuce, tomatoes, and this fabulous white saucy stuff.  Oh and when I say enormous, I mean enormous.  Just my style.  This girl does not like to go hungry.  =)  While the three of us chowed on our meals, we just chatted the time away. 

Afterwards, we proceeded to shop in the quaint town of Bad Neustadt.  Since this is the town near where Renate lives, she was able to show us all the fun places to stop into.  Mueller was one of my favorite stores.  I think Renate giggled every time I tried to pronounce it.  We had many giggling moments over my horrible attempts at speaking German.  So Mueller is a 4 level Target type store, but it has much more unique items.  It was just fun to wander around in, smell a ton of perfumes, check out the chocolates, admire the expensive dishes, and chat along the way.  Renate is very easy-going and a joy to be around.  We have such a great time laughing and shopping.

Here we are in the middle of town, lazily wandering the streets....what could be better on a cold, snowy, German day?

0 comments: