Mysterious Evening

During our second week in Germany, Chuck's 2nd to youngest brother Tim asked if the whole family could leave the house on Wednesday night.  We all, of course, had our suspicions but upon interrogating Timmy, he wouldn't crack.  So on that particular night we all trooped out of the house, except for Jamie who was allowed to stay in her cage.  Dan, Mom, Chuck, Renate and I all piled into the car and went to visit Bad Kissingen.  This is another town they used to live in.  Though the night was frigid, the coldest night that stands out to me, it was impossible not to enjoy the evening.  What with being around family while exploring an adorable German town, it was the perfect way to "kill some time" while we waited on Timmy and his secret plan.

Our first stop was a bakery-cafe.  Thankfully it was warm so we were able to thaw out a bit.  Plus Dan treated us all to hot drinks and pastries.  Now I love Starbucks, and you all know where my loyalties lie, but Starbucks pastries don't hold a candle to pastries over in Germany.  Chuck and I shared some sort of flaky, gooey, nutty ensemble that went fantastically with my loose leaf hot tea, and his espresso.  The hot tea came in this clear, double-walled cup thing that was super cool.  Yes, I do realize that the majority of my posts are about food, but can you blame me?  It was all too good not to talk about!

After the bakery, we sauntered over to this huge building that is popular in that part of the country.  It's a place that people come to use the spas, find healing, attend a concert, or theater.  We walked by this interesting fountain that was flowing with "healing water".  It was just pouring freely and looked so enticing.  My family suggested I try it.  I should have been a little bit more in tune that I was the ONLY one curious about tasting the "healing water".  I leaned over very carefully, stuck my tongue out gracefully, and this putrid liquid washed over my poor, unsuspecting tongue.  I gagged like crazy.  And I don't even feel healed!  My oh-so-supportive family found this to be quite humorous.  I'm a fool.

After that it was finally time to order pizza, pick it up, and head back home.  We were all so curious and really excited as we anticipated what we might find upon arriving back at the house....

Cool sleigh at the spa/theater building place.

3 comments:

gretchen said...

Well that was a mean post. I was looking for the answer to the mystery. :)

dubbe said...

haha, "putrid water." It's not that bad. We've all had our share of tasting it. Think of it as cleansing. :)

Anonymous said...

yea, thanks for leaving us to hang on the mystery nite! :(