A picture!

That's right everyone, I found a picture on this laptop to post.  It's the most recent picture I could find, but it was taken back in June at Jase's swimming lessons.  Chuck was going to show me how to upload new pictures last night, but I sighed and said, "I'm just too tired- looking at the computer makes me nauseous."  Yes, I'm such a baby.

Actually, looking at this picture makes me a little nauseous, as well.  No one wants to wear a bathing suit postpartum/already partum again.  (I do realize partum is not a word on it's own, but it seemed fitting given the context.)

Instead of learning how to upload pictures, I sat and watched, "Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition".  During the show, a dear friend of mine called so I went up stairs and began sorting through all the clothes that don't fit me while we chatted.  There are piles and piles of too-small clothes on our guest bed.  I can't decided if I should donate them all, or save them.  I would greatly value anyone's input who has been in this scenario.

We don't have much space at our house- and certainly don't have room for piles and piles of clothes that don't fit me.  There are piles of clothes that I haven't worn in two years because of being pregnant two summers in a row.  I daresay, I doubt they will ever fit me again, and if they do they'll be out of style by the time I can squeeze back in.  It makes me feel really, really sad to get rid of clothes.  I have emotional attachment to my clothes because a lot of them are left over from the summer we got married- including our honeymoon.  People, I am currently 30 pounds heavier now than I was on our honeymoon.  Granted when we got married I was the skinniest I've ever been, or ever will be- and right now I'm pregnant, and will get much heavier.  Ha!  I just hate the thought of getting rid of perfectly good clothes.  Like a lot of clothes.

But if there's anything I've taken from watching, "What Not to Wear" over the years, never keep clothes you HOPE to squeeze back into.  Keep clothes in your closet you can wear now, and feel good in.  Also, people wear 20% of their clothes 40% of the time- or something like that.  It's hard to let go of an era of clothes- and think about all that money going down the drain.  Especially when we aren't exactly in a place where I can just go out and buy new clothes whenever I want.

I wish I could find a girl who is around the size I was so I could give her the clothes- I would be excited to do that.  I did look up donation places around here, but nothing struck me.  Besides, who's to say anyone out there would actually like my clothes? Haha!  If you're reading this, and know a girl who could really use a lot of clothes, please let me know.  (tops: size small, some medium; bottoms: size 6-8; dresses: size small, some medium)    

3 comments:

Melody Martin said...

You're pregnant!? Congratulations!

KristyMN said...

I would say get rid of most of them, but keep a couple of your favorites. It might feel like you will never be that size again, but the future is a big thing! ;) Besides, getting rid of most of them means you get to buy new clothes when you get back to that size again. I consign most of my clothes. Maybe that's an option for you?

Mrs. Schaefer said...

Finally, a picture! :-) I agree with Kristy. Keep your favorites. I have a tiny, TINY pile of "maybe in the future after babies" clothes. It's something to aspire to!