Rain Rain Stay!

I just love rainy days!  Especially today because I've had a lingering headache.  Since it's not sunny, I was able to sleep better during Jase and I's morning nap (usually the sun shines brightly in our room). Even when I'm feeling well, I love rainy days!  I think it makes me feel relieved that I have an excuse not to go out and do anything.  We pretty much stay inside almost every day.  I don't have the energy to run around town at all, and it's so hot and humid I can hardly stand it.  Even taking Jovie out feels unbearable, and I'm only outside for a few minutes.  I've hit 17 weeks today, so maybe some super-Mama-energy will hit me soon.  Thankfully, Jase is amazing at playing by himself.  I'm able to get stuff done in the kitchen where I can keep an eye on him, and he just plays his little heart out.  It makes me happy to watch and hear him playing- I can see his little imagination at work already.  

Since I've had this headache, the OB nurse suggested taking Tylenol, drinking some caffeine, and resting.  (Resting?! Ha!)  I decided to make a little party out of it by baking banana bread to go with my cup of coffee and Tylenol.  I'm thoroughly enjoying both while watching Law and Order.  I'm a little stuck on the show at the moment.  What better way to rest while Jase naps?

I am loving the 11 month phase!  It seems each week, sometimes each day, Jase is learning something new.  We've been trying to teach him sign language for a few weeks now, and in the last couple of days he has actually signed, "more"!  I get really excited when he does it.  I don't know why I feel so shocked when he learns something new.  It's just amazing to me to watch his development.  I'm so proud of our little guy.

Chuck is going to teach me how to get pictures off my camera, onto his laptop, and posted to my blog.  We'll see when we get around to that, but I realize non-picture posts are a little dull.  Stay tuned.  


0 comments: