Book Stuff

I keep a book journal.  This means I write down the title of every book I read, some information about it,  the date I finished it, and my opinion of said book.  Some years I am amazed at how many books I've read, but others years I am dismayed at how few books I've read.  Of course since January of this year I haven't got a whole long list going.  But, I am happy that I've had the chance to read some good ones.

The one I flew through the fastest was Francine Rivers' newest book, "Bridge to Haven".  I could only keep it checked out of the library for two weeks, and it was a huge book.  I told the lady at the desk I probably wouldn't be able to finish the book in two weeks, but it was easy actually.  I could hardly put it down.  I stayed up late reading, went to bed "early" so I could read in bed, read it during TV commercials, etc.  I never do that with a slow book.

I do have to say I finally read, "The Fault in Our Stars" by John Green that I've heard some people rave about.  Besides the fact that it was sad, I found it to be slow and boring at times.  I was so glad when I finished it because it just wasn't for me.  I may watch the movie at some point, but am certainly not dying to see it.

Last night I started, "If I Stay" because I saw the movie is out.  I like to read a book before I watch a movie.  So far, I like it a whole lot better than TFIOS.  I'm only a few pages into it, but I think I'll be spending a lot of time reading today.   Partially due to the fact that Jase woke up at 6:30, and absolutely will NOT go down for a morning nap.  My eyes feel like sandpaper, and I am longing for my bed.

I think we are starting a new routine- again.  Just when I think Jase and I are into a certain rhythm, all of the sudden he has moved on to something new.  Right now if someone was going to watch him for a week, I don't even know how I could instruct them.  He just seems so off.  We had family here for the weekend and that made him a crazy little guy.  Maybe we're still re-adjusting from that.  He was super easy as an infant, but I find the one-year-old phase to be hard.

Anyway, back to books.  If anyone has a recommendation for a great book- I'd love to hear it.  I prefer Christian authors because I find they typically offer a lot more hope.

1 comments:

Melody Martin said...

I am rereading Peace Like a River by Leif Enger. It's one of my favorites!