Sick Day

Hello friends!  We are bummin' today.  Chuck and Jase are both sick.  Chuck always carries on like normal when he's sick, which makes me feel bad for him.  So far I seem to be fine.  I feel lethargic, but what else is new?  I did have a strange bloody nose experience this morning, which I contribute to the pregnancy.  I don't want to gross anyone out with the details, but it was the first time that's happened to me with that amount of blood.  Moving on. The positive angle of Jase being sick is that he slept until almost 8:15 this morning, took a morning nap, and is now taking an afternoon nap.  He is also a little more clingy than normal, which I cherish because he's usually an independent little thing.  And if Chuck is home, forget about Mama.  The boy is ALL ABOUT his Papa.  He says, "Papa, Papa, Papa" a million times a day.  Hopefully those two will keep their germs to themselves.  I am already exhausted, achey, lethargic, and dragging on a daily basis.  ;)

I was supposed to go grocery shopping today, but didn't want to drag the babe out, especially since it's been pouring rain.  Tonight's dinner is going to be quite interesting.  I do find that when I am in a pinch, I can usually scrape up some sort of meal.  The best way I save on our grocery budget is to "shop" in my own pantry and freezer.  I can almost always come up with something, even if it's not the most exciting meal.  Tonight's menu:  soup that was in the freezer, frozen broccoli, two pumpkin muffins, and maybe homemade apple sauce if I find the energy to look up a recipe and actually make it.

Chuck is coming home early because I haven a dentist appointment.  I really just want to stay home.  I can't stand going to the dentist.  Yuck.  Guess it's good to get it over with for six more months.

Happy Rainy Day everyone!

1 comments:

Mrs. Schaefer said...

Oh no! Hope your guys feel better soon!