Again and Again and Again

Jase finally got better from a bout with fever and HFM virus for 10 days, only to return to the nursery for one Sunday to be plagued with yet ANOTHER illness.  The fever is back, and he is so miserable. He has some sort of cold, but the term "cold" just doesn't seem to do this illness justice.  I know he feels awful because he wants me to hold him all the time.  That's not my boy- he is an on-the-go kid, with little time for Mama snuggles.  Yesterday I was desperately trying to get him to eat something, so I held him in my lap and spoon-fed him some oatmeal while he laid his head on my chest.  Normally he wants nothing to do with anyone spoon-feeding him.  He is a man who likes to use his own fork or spoon or shove his own food into his mouth.  It's all just so sad.  And frustrating.  And stressful.  The kid is sick more than he is healthy.  That blasted church nursery.  I'm seriously considering skipping church until Jase is in college.  And I'm not even going to THINK about putting my tiny little newborn in there.  Maybe I should ask for a plastic bubble to cover our house for the rest of winter for Christmas.

I had intentions of writing this exciting post about a Scripture memory opportunity I read about through Beth Moore's blog.  I'm still excited about it, and am still going to share, but snot and coughing and congestion and phlegm and fevers and Motrin and watery eyes and misery are so strong on my mind it's hard to focus.  Instead of me giving my two cents about memorizing verses, check out Beth's most recent post that has gotten both me and Chuck pretty excited.  We're going to be working at memorizing two verses a month in 2015.  Lord knows I need it.  And I love the accountability, help, and structure Beth's team offers.  Let me know if you decide to participate, as well.  It would be fun to do this with others.

http://blog.lproof.org

Now I'm off to try to get a couple more hours of sleep in before my little sickie bug wakes up.  Chuck's alarm just went off- it's 6am on a Saturday, people.  That's my man.  Sad to say, but I get my best hours of sleep after he gets up in the morning.  I am SUCH a morning and alone sleeper.  Thank you God that it's Saturday.  Oh, it's exactly one month until Baby Girl is due.  Hearing the stories about Mary being "heavy with child" has taken on a whole new meaning this Christmas.  If anyone tried to put me anywhere near a donkey right now...

0 comments: