Some Answers

I'm really thankful Jase's Pediatrician's office is open on Sunday mornings!  After chatting with a nurse on the phone Saturday afternoon, it was decided we needed to take Jase in after 5 days of struggling.  Long story short, our little guy has a double ear infection.  Yikes.  =(  No wonder he has been miserable.  Sigh.  I'm very thankful for answers!  I'm always so relieved when the doctor actually finds something instead of just saying, "He has a virus".  We were able to start him on his meds yesterday, which is great because we're supposed to be around family with other kids over Christmas.  I'm hoping by the time we get together with everybody he'll be feeling much better.  For now we continue to snuggle, watch cartoons, spoon-feed, and watch the Christmas lights.  Thank you God for answers!

God has kept me pretty healthy, thankfully!  Chuck, not so much.  Poor guy is pretty miserable.  He took a sick day yesterday, and slept most of the afternoon.  I was glad because he usually only takes a nap for about 10 minutes.  As far as Baby Girl goes, she seems to be doing well.  I have an appointment today to get tested for strep, so hopefully I won't have to be on antibiotics during labor.  Chuck and I went to bed talking about how overwhelmed we are already to take on the care of a second baby.  Chuck did say he feels concerned for me being home with two babies while he's at work- for some reason having him say that made me feel even more supported.

This is officially an incredibly boring post.  Maybe this post has been able to help some of you doze off for a nice, lovely nap.

Here are some pictures from the past several weeks, pre-infestation.

Our first big snow of the season! Jase loves to go with Chuck when he lets Jovie out.

One of the teens made Jase an adorable snowman cake pop- he devoured it!  So sweet of her!

2 comments:

Bethany Reilly said...

Awh, I hope they feel better soon! What a cute picture! Jase and Chuck are so sweet together! And he's so cute with his huge smile eating the cake pop! Totally framable!

Mrs. Schaefer said...

Poor little guy! Ear infections hurt a great deal. So glad he's getting medicine! Merry Christmas, friend!