You Are There & You Are Light

For the months of September and October, the arts ministry I'm involved with (Infused Arts) had a huge exhibit at our church. 37 visual artists and writers combined to work for six months on our individual projects wrapped around the theme of the names of God. All kinds of artists came together to collaborate, share ideas, give and receive inspiration, and most importantly, seek the Spirit. We had some powerful times of worship, prayer, encouragement, and laughter as we studied and read about the hundreds of different names of our God! Artists tend to work alone, but something amazing happened when we came together once a month to share in the love of Jesus, and create for Him.

This week I am sharing the personal Psalm the Spirit put in my heart for the exhibit. It wasn't the style of writing I usually do. It wasn't my original plan. That's why I know it's His. If you find yourself in a place desiring to connect with Jesus in a fresh way, try writing a Psalm in your own words. Make it personal. Having a relationship with Jesus is the most personal relationship we can ever know. That's one difference between the one true God, and any other god on this planet. Someone out there today needs to hear this.

Jesus knows you. He is There.

photo credit: deAnn Roe; left painting: Molly Puz; right booklet: where my piece was printed 
 

You Are There
A personal Psalm
139:7-16

“Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?”

 When my baby boy has a seizure, you are there.

When he spikes a third fever this month, and I live in terror over another seizure, you are there.

When he has a mysterious fever with no explanation, you are there.

When I agonize over waiting on his blood work results, you are there.

“Where can I flee from your presence?”

 When I lie in bed in the middle of the night terrified for my child, you are there.

When panic attacks me throughout the day, you are there.

When fear consumes my every thought, you are there.

When anxiety robs me of my joy, you are there.

When the enemy confuses my thoughts, you are there.

“Even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.”

 In my darkest hours, you are there.

When I cannot see your light, you are there.

When I long to hide from this ache, you are there.

 
You Are Light
A Personal Reflection
When the perfect song comes on the radio the second I turn on the car, you are light.

When a YouTube video plays those lyrics I needed to hear, you are light.

When a teen girl talks to me and seeks advice, you are light.

When my infant daughter smiles and giggles, you are light.

When my baby son runs into my arms, you are light.

When my husband says I look pretty, you are light.

When a package shows up in the mail for me, you are light.

When a friend brings groceries for a week, you are light.

 “All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.”

 

0 comments: