You Won't Be Disappointed!

Allow me to introduce you to my long-time friend, Kristi! I've known her since I was 10 years old, if you can believe that. When I first met her, my family had just moved half way across the country from Iowa- which we all loved. We hated moving to Pennsylvania. Kristi, on the other hand, was ecstatic to have us living in PA. She said to me, "Now the college (where my Dad got a new job) has the best speakers in the country!" (Also referring to her own Dad.) That actually sums Kristi up well- very positive, see's the bright side, extremely loyal, and is very passionate for the people and places she loves.

In the pictures bellow Kristi is the one behind me, and Mandi is to the right. (Hi Mandi!) For the past couple of years Mandi, Kristi, and I have been able to hang out several times together even though we live very far apart. They both frequently visit their missions agency which is only about 30 minutes away from us. A very sweet thing for me. It's always a blast to see them! They both make me laugh the tears-streaming-down-my face-kind of laugh.

Fun fact about Kristi- she is a missionary in Germany, which is also the country where my husband, Chuck, grew up! We still have family in Germany, so it's a fun connection. Kristi is the one who motivated us to raise our kids bi-lingual. Chuck only speaks German to the kids, and I only speak English to them. We are so thankful for her push- it's awesome that our kids understand both languages.

Kristi will be the guest blogger right here tomorrow. I've already read her post, and it choked me up. I was encouraged, and my heart was put to rest. I know you will not be disappointed! *hint hint* at what's to come! It's Christmas, so what a perfect week for a give-away! Come on back to enter to win a FREE copy of her new book, Disappointment: A subtle path away from God. See you tomorrow!



1 comments:

Julia said...

"We won't be coming." That was my disappointment this Christmas. We had been trying for at least a month to have all of our children who live stateside to get together for a family Christmas dinner during the time we would come back to the states from ministry in Ireland. We had hardly gotten our luggage through customs when we were informed that one of our children and their family wouldn't be joining us for said Family Christmas dinner.

I was crushed. I was angry. It looked as though the in-laws were being preferred over time with our family.

As it turned out, I was also wrong. There was a miscommunication. Our family dinner wasn't what was being discussed, but another dinner invitation.

Thankfully, I kept my thoughts and feelings to myself. I was able to pour out my anger and frustration to God without having it spill over onto any of the family. The family dinner happened. With five grandchildren, three of our four children and their spouses, it was all wonderful bedlam. It was also a lesson for me to remain calm even in the midst of disappointment.