4 Channels

i walked in the door the other night to find the tv shoved into the middle of the room. swz was shoved in the corner, tanlged up in all kinds of cords. the sounds of angry comments, accompanied by angry growls filled the air.

"what'cha doin' back there?" i asked.

"i'm so done with only 4 stations. all i want to do is watch a freaking football game on 45."

a few minutes later i hear her on the phone with her grandma. she was looking for some sordof electronic doo-dad that she thought for sure would re-instate the 3 channels we lost when we got the new tv. you see, we used to have 7 channels total- not anymore. grandma was no help.

me: "did you check under the futon?"

badda-bing! the doo-dad was found. i was the hero! at this point, i left for the evening. upon my return, i cautiously asked, "did you get back the channels?" to which swz replied: "yes i did."

me: "really?!"

the cable arrives thursday.

2 comments:

Tara said...

HAAAAAAAA! That's hilarious!

Heidi said...

Sounds pretty similar to our early summer experience. I think I heard "someone" say, "If we're gonna have a TV, I want to see what on it!" :) Even basic cable is a wonderful luxury. Enjoy!