Softly Spoken- Loudly Heard

"you know what you're supposed to do- you don't like quitting because you're afraid of the unknown."

yes. i am afraid of the unknown.
where does my responsibility lie? (lay? whatever. i hate grammar.)
do i quit something that drains my soul?
OR
do i act responsibly and do what i need to do to pay the bills- even though i am betraying myself, my very soul, my heart?
i am in quite a bit of debt.
i feel i am left with no choice at all.
how long?
how long must i agonize over what is my life?
how long must i WAIT?

i have become quite good at pretending. mostly to convince myself that i can CHOOSE to be happy. no matter my circumstances, i can make the choice to be happy- even if i'm not doing what i want to do. but, what is that anyway?

i have been hurt. not hurt in a major, huge, out-of-commission way. but, hurt none the less. i have been dragging around this burden for what feels like weeks and weeks. it has affected me more then i choose to admit. at the end of the day, it makes me angry at God. it has started to make me bitter at God. all the pent up hurt and hidden pain just festers and makes me angry.

i don't want an ugly soul. if i don't deal with this- i will have an ugly soul.

there is nothing i can do to make it go away. this is the kind of hurt that has to run its course. i've had my sad love songs, i've had my bowls of ice cream, i've had my mountain dew, i've had my m 'n m's, i've had my cries. i'm now left with hundreds of questions, haunting words, and some regrets.

that's LIFE.

for some reason, my life as of late has had a string of icks. i pretend they don't bother me. i pretend i am fine. i pretend i am better off. but really, i am a child.

scared.
frightened.
doubting.
questioning.
wondering.
crying.

alone.

4 comments:

Chuck said...

I too am afraid of the unknown.
I too want to quit and do something else.
I too have been hurt, and am tired of feeling "icky."
Know that you are not alone.
Know that you have friends who care a great deal about you.
Know that you have a Savior who has your best interest in mind.

Anonymous said...

Hi Abby,
I love how honest you are. I was just thinking about how you've brought more people (I think three) to GC on Sunday nights than anybody else I know. So, people are somehow attracted to you and when you ask them to come to some crazy meeting on Sunday night, they do. Then I thought about how you liked this band and somehow got an entire charity benefit concert to happen. Man, how can one girl rock the world of so many?

So, anyway, I'm really, deeply, aching because of what you are going through. It's got to be so tough for you right now. But, just take a look behind you. There's a whole bunch of people, myself included, right over your left shoulder. See us? We love you and we are all better people because of you. Like Chuck said, you might feel like it, but you aren't alone!
-Dan H.

Heidi said...

Love you Abby!

Tara said...

Thinking of you as always...