More Tricia

i can't stop thinking about her. my heart just aches. i read her husband's blog for updates, but i am left feeling helpless, and wanting to know more. i want to cry. i want to write her letters. i want to express that i remember her as a beautiful friend. i want her to know that i think of her. it's so amazing to me that a childhood friend could evoke such strong feelings and emotions- even almost 20 years later.

i remember tricia used to LOVE hermit crabs. she has several as pets. i remember we used to play heart family dolls in her room. i remember she used to take a ridiculous amount of pills- and she sometimes ate them broken up in her apple sauce. her parents would pound on her back several times a day- i would watch, and we'd just keep talking and laughing like it was the most normal thing in the world. she would also have to keep this tube thing in her mouth several times a day- and steam would be pouring out the other end. i was well aware that she had a disease, but it never mattered. she was one of my best friends.

one time my mom told me that tricia might not live- and i still remember the panic and pain i felt as a small child. we used to visit her at the children's hospital in philly. tricia would always be laughing and smiling, no matter what. my dad would then take me to mcdonalds down stairs.

i remember her so well- but years have passed, and now she's fighting for her life in a hospital in NC. her tiny 1 lb baby is fighting for her life as well.

it's a story that is bringing me to my knees. i know tricia believes in God's perfect plan for her life. she inspires me.

http://cfhusband.blogspot.com/

all my love to you, tricia.

3 comments:

Chuck said...

Abs, you are not alone in your sadness and concern for Tricia. There are many of us praying for her, her husband, and their newborn.

Heidi said...

Abs, I checked my email before I left for work this morning and got caught up in Tricia's husbands blog too. I prayed. In the cracks of my day, God laid them on my heart. I'm here. I'm listening.

CFHusband said...

Thank you for sharing that with me.