Yes, I Do Rock

in response to my roommate, and so-called "friend's" harsh, and completely inaccurate account of my latest guitar hero accomplishment, i have no choice but to defend my case.

i'll admit, playing a video game is definately not typical, abby-fashion entertainment. i've been known to roll my eyes at my little (bigger!) brother a time or two as he obsessively poured over his own guitar hero endeavor. i've been known to yawn and maybe mock the boys at work a little as they talked for hours about this particular topic. but let me tell you, my friends, i stand shamefully mistaken.

a mere week and 2 days ago, guitar hero I, II, and III came into my very own possession. (swz attempted once, but let's just say...we'll leave the rocking to me.) it was love at first strum. i played the easy songs, eventually beat the first battle, quickly moved up to medium and got stuck for days at my second encounter with tom.

he mocked me. he toyed with me. he played games with me. he beat me down time after time after time. again and again i practiced those notes. i went to guitar hero school. i beckoned my friends for help. i toiled. i labored. i poured my sweat onto those keys. i was seconds away from quitting guitar hero for life. and that's when it happened.

i silently turned back on the PS2 (i had previously shut it off after having battled and lost for the millionth time) for one last attempt. it was gonna make me or break me. "if i lose one more time," i said to myself, "i will be done with guitar hero forever."

and so the battle began. again. i fought, and i played, and i ROCKED...to which the screen loudly proclaimed to me, indeed, i did truly ROCK! and so, that is when the said guitar was placed beside me and absolutely, i ran down the hallway, triumphantly flailing my arms, screaming at the top of my lungs "YES! YES! YES! I ROCK!" all in the name of my own blood, sweat, and tears. victory had become me!

you would have been moved to tears, too.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Sometimes Tori & Isabelle cry and scream when they win a game too.

Tara said...

I cannot believe you've gone over to the dark side.

the way I see it... said...

Couple necessary corrections...
1.) it did not come into your "possession." I have a feeling the real owner will want it back someday.
2.) If i wanted to rock at GH, I would.
3.) I'm genuinely happy and proud of you, my Abs, i just felt the tears took it up a couple levels that didn't need to be reached :)

Marissa said...

you know that if you lost you would have tried and tried again... you wouldn't have given up! guitar hero is part of you now!