Only Me

here is a beautiful picture of katie, garrett, and garrett james, jr. it would have been THEE perfect way to top off my last few posts- this beautiful picture. but, no. it won't work. this is what happends when i try to upload it. i am posting it to prove my point.

these sordof things happen to me. i do not understand why. i consider myself an intelligent person, yet things are always happening to me that make me look like an idiot. i'll be working really hard at trying to figure some thing out, can't get it, and some one else comes along and BANG. they solve the problem in 2.5 seconds. why me?!

i stand making copies at the holiday store. i need 30 copies total. the stupid thing runs out of paper. i get the manager, he adds paper. fine. we're back on track. 30 seconds later it tells me i am "using the wrong size paper". excuse me? i'm just standing there. mr. manager comes back over again, shoves me out of the way- clearly annoyed, opens the thing, and it instantly works for him. NOT me. i had done that SAME thing.

for weeks i thought my ipod did not fit into the ipod stand thingy in my car. i go to show my friend how it does not, in fact fit, and BAM. it instanlty, all of the sudden, decides it fits perfectly now. what the heck?!

i email a friend an attachment that they needed- clearly following the instructions i was given. it does not work. i try again. said friend goes behind my back, assuming i don't know what i'm doing, when in fact i did exactly as i was told, and has a different friend email them that same attachment FOR me. i'm so sure.

i am told to sign-up for a certain project online. i click on the link 50 billion times- it tells me that website does not exist. i am told i am the ONLY person who was not able to access this link. i am told to try again, which i do, and it does not, in fact, work again. i have to have my own personal "special meeting" to set up the stupid thing. why me?

i attempt to watch a dvd 19 times in a row, and no sound will come from the dumb movie. my friend comes home, turns it on, and oh! what do we get? sound!

i have billions of pictures saved in some random file on my computer that i could never access. these pictures have been hiding for months and months. another friend comes along, tells me to click twice, and all of the sudden, there are my pictures. are you serious right now?!

i bought washer fluid to put into my car because it's not working. my window is dirty, and i can't see. i'm assuming it's because it's empty, even though no light is flashing. i go to intelligently open the hood myself. i pull the inside lever. i go outside (in the negative 70 degree weather, getting my face frozen off) the car, put my finger in the gap to click the next lever, and it WILL NOT be found. i get back into the car, read the manuel, it tells me the same thing i was doing. i get back out of the car, reach my fingers in again, still freezing my face off, and nothing. NOTHING. i get super annoyed, throw the dumb fluid junk back into my car, and storm inside. i GUARANTEE some one else will come along, do EXACLTLY as i did, and be able to open the dang hood.

i tell you. it's not fair. i am smart. i am intelligent.

why me?

6 comments:

Marissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marissa said...

I don't have time to read the whole post... but the first two paragraph made me laugh. I can always imagine in my mind so clearly how you are saying something... you just bring a smile to me! I have issues with the whole technical thing with the blogging world too... it frustrates me SOOO much sometimes!

Jamie said...

"behind my back" - You told me to talk to Nicole. By the way...her attachment worked for some reason. that would add to your post.

Chuck said...

Only to you Abs, only to you!! Thanks for your post, it made me giggle and smile on a frigid, frozen tundra-type morning.

gretchen said...

You must have a different kind of intelligence. No biggie- I was a straight A student, but am sometimes lacking common sense- it is all good!

the way I see it... said...

I totally know what Abs is saying. This sort of thing happens to her all of the time, and it is in no way, shape or form an accurate representation of Abigail Joy Amos. She is smart and she is intelligent and I don’t understand why this continuously happens to her.