22 Hours

I have arrived. I’m pretty sure father and I had the road trip of a lifetime. It sure felt like a lifetime! We really had a blast! Lots of talking, music, food, etc. Once the nighttime hit though, so did the roughness.



our drive began about 7:15 am, after a pancake-filled breakfast with fur. (thanks fur! you know how i love my pancakes!) we cruised out of the cities, and then MN with KTIS. at one point, i found much security in the fact that KTIS was still playing. still familiar. still my morning friends. i got teary-eyed when we drove by my beloved MOA.




(my mini guitar hero from boogz 'n swz! thanks girls- again, knowing what i love!)


we arrived in WI at around 8 or 8:15 am.


stop #1- 9:45am


stop #2- 11:25am


stop #3- 11:30 am- woops. not sure why we stopped again there...but the stop involved a very large pink elephant with glasses and a massive cow. gas was 3.79


WI also has pretty windmills!


we arrived in IL at 12:45 pm



stop #4- 2:12 pm, starbucks lunch/gas- 3.39 with ethonal- NO batteries at the gas station for me to buy so i could play my mini guitar hero! :(





we proceeded to drive down the highway when father realized he lost his wallet. we pulled over and did a quick search. he then hauled the car back onto the highway, did an illegal uturn and just about killed us flying back to the gas station. the wallet was under his seat the whole time.



back on the road again at 2:56pm


IN- 3:56pm, this is where i read all my sweet cards.




the time changed at 5:53 pm



OH- 7:08 pm


stop #5- 7:38 pm- gas 3.79


stop #6- supper at panera, starbucks then i started driving through the night...



i drove from 9pm until 5:17 am tuesday morning. i obviously stopped journaling after that last stop. and i obviously started going nutty around 1am. the only nap i took during the day was about 10 min long, therefore, was awake for 24 hours straight. i didn't know that was physically possible. never in all my life have i been awake for that long.



22 hours, 2 minutes, and 1, 190 miles later....we made it. it was most certainly the roadtrip of a lifetime!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Love the road trip pics! Now that I've done that drive straight through with Dan, Eric and Lisa... I relate! Although... no up all night for me so way to go on that one! Miss you already and I'm so glad you're blogging! Can't wait to see the next one from my writer buddy!

Chuck said...

Glad to see you made it in one piece! I wouldn't have made it more than 6 hours without passing out from exhaustion. I too miss you, and am glad that you're blogging - keep them coming!

Dan, Heather, and Bjorn said...

Nice pics! I think it's awesome that you two got to have a road trip together. I'm excited to be able to keep up with you via your blog Abs! Hope the transition is easy :)

Tara said...

Love the details. I was thinking of you the whole time.

Dan said...

Nice pics.

Anonymous said...

oh my word. that sure sounds like quite the road trip. how special too that you could bond with your dad! Oh and I love the wallet incident!!