101

i thought i was gonna die these past few days. on thursday, i felt soooooooooo tired all day.

i put the babe down for his first nap, and went downstairs to get a start to my day, and all i could do was lay on the couch. the next thing i knew, it was almost 3 hours later! philly, (sleeping next to me on a chair), chail, and i were all out like lights for that whole time. as i began to drift back into awake land, i heard chail begin to cry. i stumbled up to his room, fed him, played with him, etc., and then put him down for nap number 2. pretty sure his auntie took nap number 2 as well! this time, with philly curled up with me on the couch.

the day continued on like this. each time i woke up, usually with same lame re-run episode of "sabrina the teenaged witch" and that dumb talking cat on, i felt worse. i kept scolding myself for being so lazy. "what is your problem?" finally, after about 8 hours, i decided some thing must be wrong with me.

i put chail across the room from me, and he played so sweetly by himself for over an hour til his parents came home. i layed lathargic on the couch, with philly always by my side. sista finally called, and said they were gonna be late because they got a flat tire. (it's not my place to tell you how, but it's funny! haha!) sigh.

when she finally arrived, i pretty much spent the next 3 days in bed, or on the couch- with philly always by my side! she was so sweet to me, always sleeping next to me, always by my side, always a comfort. i'm not a dog person, but this pup has won my heart over like no other! i couldn't believe it.

today, i am finally feeling better! did i mention in the midst of my illness i had to get up at 4 am to work an 8 1/2 hour shift? some times i want starbucks to die.

good-bye temp of 101! i'm back, and ready to face the world again. or maybe not...i actually like not doing any thing but watching tv, and not feeling guilty about it...

2 comments:

Laura Siegrist said...

awww...sorry you were sick! that's no fun. and having to take care of the baby...i hate being sick now that i have Ari. it makes it so much harder! although, the guilty pleasure of tv is wonderful :)
glad you're feeling better!

gretchen said...

glad you are feeling better. what a good boy to let you sleep.