NERVOUS!

there is no other way to describe me today. i felt like a 5 year old starting school for the first time. tonight was my first shift back at sbux after an entire month off. not only that, it was my first night working at my new store. yikes. you'd think, after almost 5 years in the company, that starting at a new store would be no biggie. not true. it's a biggie. same song, same dance, but with all new melodies and all new steps. it's like going from being the big shot on campus your senior year of high school to being the freshman loser in college.

when luke 'n trisha got home, i was ready to bustle out of the house (i was ready way early, of course!) and was trying to avoid them. luke asked me if i was tired and my eyes filled with tears, i almost lost it, so i just mumbled "no". then sista asked me if i had food for supper and i welled up again and just mumbled "yay...see ya!" i was so teary-eyed walking down the steps. then, God did some thing pretty cool. my phone rang halfway to work. i was not going to answer, until i looked down and saw that mark (my moa 2 manager) was calling! he didn't even know it was my first day back! sweet thing! i pretty much burst into tears, and felt better all at the same time. good 'ol mark!

i mean, who wouldn't be crying if they had to leave this face behind?! i told chail all day that i'd much rather stay with him. i'd look into his sweet lil eyes and just well up with tears at the thought of going to work! little does he know his auntie is crazy!

it's not really being separated from my babes that bothers me, i guess it was the big change of a new store. i really miss my MN peeps. i really miss the moa. i really miss my familiar life that i loved. and i really really LOVED this past month of NO work! on top of that, i loved the past week and half of the perfect job of nannying chail.
anyway. my first night at bux went very well! thanks to those that were praying. wow. i felt it, for sure!! i have a good vibe about the situation! it's good to "get out" and experience more of VA then i have before.
i am going to bed tonight relieved and at rest that my first night is OVER and it went WELL! whew.

6 comments:

the way I see it... said...

hahaha...that starting contest b/t philly and chail is cracking me up! was praying for you tonight. i'm sure they all love you already! you are missed in minny.

Chuck said...

Now when I come visit, we can stop in your store and I can get some free coffee!! Glad to hear the first night back went well.

Anonymous said...

glad your day went great!!!

Dan, Heather, and Bjorn said...

Hi, Abby!
I'm glad that your first day back on the sbux job went well! I miss you! -Heather

gretchen said...

YAY for sweet things! God is so good. I am glad your first night went well.

Heidi said...

I'm glad you texted Lisa on Tuesday night! I'm also so glad that God allowed the night to go well! Thanks so much for the update!