my teacher

i have been struggling for 3 days now as to what i want to SAY to you for your birthday. remember when i first heard my theme song for the year? my john mayer song. i listened to it over and over and you watched me add motions and dramatics to my new favorite song. well, today, i am going to say not what i NEED to say, but what i WANT to say.

there are so many avenues to our roommate/frienship that i could cover. but today, i am going to focus on those things that you have TAUGHT me.

~you've taught me how to live out loud for Jesus, (although i still won't wear Jesus socks or slippers!) especially at work.

~you've taught me how to be a true friend, and to love unconditionally.

~you've taught me the beauty of cities 97 and the great hidden music that is out there.

~you've taught me how to work through difficulties and what forgiveness looks like.

~you've taught me how powerful, important, and gifted we, as women, are.

~you've taught me that one absolutely must start off every sunday morning with a good cup of coffee.

~you've taught me to value myself, and to believe in my own gifts and abilties.

~you've taught me how to enjoy a sunday, even if football is on all day!

~you've taught me how to make my own choices, and stick by those choices.

~you've taught me how to heat up vegtables in the microwave...oh wait. that's DISGUSTING.

~you've taught me how to burn pre-made cookies in the oven.

~you've taught me the how to have a home.

~you've taught me how to laugh at so many things in life!

~you've taught me the value of education...oh wait. i still HATE school.

~you've taught me that Jesus loves democrats AND republicans just the same.

~you've taught me how to say to boys, "what the HECK are you thinking?"

~you've taught me how to be others-centered.

~you've taught me how to pursue God, and live life together with a 2 person little family in 202.

~you've taught me how to kill spiders...oh wait. i won't go near spiders with a ten foot pole.

~you've taught me how to make stupid looks at the camera when i am feeling ugly.

~you've taught me not to say "i'm ugly. i'm fat. i'm gross." while looking in the mirror.

~you've taught me it's completely ok to consume 5-6 cups of coffee and shots of espresso every day.

~you've taught me what a loyal, faithful, loving, amazing friend looks like.

~you've taught me how to wear high heels with baller shorts.

~you've taught me how to distinguish between black, extra black, partly black, thin black, or dark black lines when doing graphics.

~you've taught me that to be on time is to be 45 minutes early. oh wait. i don't agree with that at all!

~you've taught me that i could never have asked or imagined that God would give me one of the best roommates and one of the best friends ever...even though we'd never be friends outside of God...right?? :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWZNIKKI!!

I LOVE YOU!

2 comments:

the way I see it... said...

what a fantastic summary of our friendship. you know what the most beautiful thing about our friendship is?...that you taught me all those things too. when it comes down to it, i believe we taught each other. you have made me a better version of myself. and i am so freakin proud of the women we have become through the sisterhood God created between our two hearts. thank you for your words, your friendship and your love. my day was wonderful...and i'm proud to start checking that new box with you! love u.

Unknown said...

I just wanted to let you know that I am Tara Chapman,and Kari Dull's cousin. I had seen you comment on their blogs sometimes, so thought it was interesting that you found mine. :-) Did you go to BBC?