Week One

i don't think gretchen had any idea what HUGE gift she gave to me when she so graciously presented me with my very own digital camera! (or maybe she did....) it's just been a blast for me to own it. i love capturing moments and being able to keep those moments forever, while sharing them with others!
my first week in VA is officially complete! and though i am well into week 2, i can't help but share some snapshots (literally! haha!) of week 1. i am still continually amazed that i get to wake up every day, step my foot onto the pretty hardwood floor, and oh, i'm at work! taking care of chail has got to be the best job i've ever had! i love him to pieces and bits and probably kiss him 10,000 times a day!
the picture above was taken at clyde's! my first night out with my "new" friends! actually, i've known both mandi and heidi from previous life situations. so SO COOL how God does stuff like that! these girls (and cherith, another friend) have really made things so much easier for me as i get involved in the new church here, and try to meet people! we had a blast!

my fam came to visit for the long weekend! it was the first time we've ALL been together for a holiday in quite awhile. this was taken at austin tex mex, and was phenominal! the manager accidentally almost got in one of our pictures, so he gave us ALL free desserts! super good food! i was able to show the fam my soon-to-be starbucks after supper, too.

father spent MANY hours putting together my new bookshelf (it's huge and beautiful and amazing!) and my new desk (which i was DYING without!) i am continually amazed at how MUCH my dad knows. he can seriously fix ANY thing, and put together ANY thing! my room is now completely unpacked, organized, and i can finally start settling in. whew! i haven't had "my" own room in quite awhile, so it's a greeeeeeeeeat feeling! pictures of my new room soon-to-come!


we also went to a phillies game in DC. there were more philly fans then nats fans! i have never experienced the commorodity between sports fan quite like yesterday. we rode the metro downtown, and that's where we began coming across other phillies fans! of course we all smiled at each other, and the boys made comments. the nats fans attempted to trash talk, but they were so out numbered it never mattered. plus, if you know any one from philly, you know all philly team fans are obnoxious! i found myself strutting around all proud that i had a phillies tee on, matching the boys. it was a blast! my mom took the pictue, that's why she isn't shown here. trisha decided to stay home, and we definately missed her. it was kinda funny to just be the 5 of us again.
so, bring on week 2. we'll see what it holds!

6 comments:

gretchen said...

I really can't take credit for the camera...it was Jeff and Katie's from the GC garage sale and the man that was supposed to come get it did not and so I really just gave you permission to have it...(there, I feel better now)

Anyway, sounds like a great week. I am glad you are getting settled in.

Marissa said...

I'm glad to hear that you are doing well with your new adventure in Virginia. I'm amazed that you are already unpacked. I moved back home over a year ago and I still have boxes of stuff in my bedroom! I guess I'm just not as motivated as you!

Lisa said...

I do LOVE that bookshelf... as a fellow reader and writer, I know how wonderful it is to buy your first bookshelves and fill them with all those wonderful WORDS :) And, the picture of ALL your family together warms my heart... makes me think about future reunions w/the Corby family + Eric and Becca :)
Love and Miss you, Fur!!

Anonymous said...

wait...so, you moved? i'm so confused. is this permanent? i'm happy for you, but just unsure of what exactly is happening! when is your dad's surgery by the way?

Tara said...

I agree about the bookshelf...one of my favorite things in life. I can just picture Glenn and Luke talking to fellow Phillies fans thru the city. =) please post room pics soon!!! I like a visual.

Anonymous said...

glad to hear you are adjusting to your new life and looks like you are REALLY loving the camera. I love seeing the pics. Looking forward to shots of your room!