TLC

For the past two weeks I've been able to volunteer at TLC (Teen Leadership Conference: my college-BBC- puts it on every summer).  For years my Dad directed TLC, so it's been apart of our family since I was in Jr. High.  It was so much fun for me to be able to help with registration, and to sit at the help desk during the conferences.  I got to see many old friends, and make some new ones, too.  Plus it gave me something to do every day to change up my pretty boring life routine around here.  And to top it off, whenever I volunteered a shift, Chuck and I got to eat a meal there.  That means I've had to do a whole lot less cooking and grocery shopping, which has been amazing.

Because I spent a lot of time on campus, including attending some sessions and hearing some good speakers, regular life stuff hasn't happened too much.  Today has been a great day of doing productive things.  For starters, Chuck and I took Jovie on her walk.  Although, I realized every time Chuck goes walking with us I get a sharp pain in my side.  We think it's because his pace is much faster than mine.  When I walk the other days of the week, I am usually fine.  The kid has crazy long legs.  By the way, at our last ultrasound, the tech mentioned Baby Boy has long legs, too.  How cute is that?  He's like his Daddy already.  

I also made a new banana bread recipe which my Aunt Keren shared.  I like it because it's made with very little flour, and uses oatmeal.  Not that is matters all that much considering the butter and sugar, ha!  I just LOVE all things banana!  I've been into making my own banana, peanut butter, and almond milk smoothies lately- divine.  And yesterday at BBC, Chuck and I shared a bowl of banana ice cream- heavenly.

While the bb was baking, I made a new broccoli soup recipe from scratch.  I really liked it because it obviously includes a lot of fresh broccoli, but also onion and celery for more vegetables.  Once it all cooled, the recipe called for adding Greek yogurt for a creamy effect, and pureeing it.  I like thick soup, so I'm excited to try it.  Both recipes from today are for our lunch tomorrow.  I'm tired of dreading making lunch after church on Sundays, so I decided to make the meal ahead of time.  More relaxing for tomorrow.

I also scrubbed the bath tub, and dusted the upstairs.  My parents get back from vacation on Monday, so I want them to arrive at a clean, fresh house.  Chuck mowed the yard, and the smell wafting in the windows is so nice.  He's been tackling his own To Do list, and has also had a productive day.  YAY for us!

For tonight, all I have to do is heat up a pizza,  pop in a DVD, and we'll be good to go.  Definitely enjoying the day.   Together.

Just like being together.  This was on his Bday.  He makes me laugh.  =)

0 comments: