A Lot Less TV

Our "special cable deal" runs out today.  For some reason cable was a lot cheaper in VA (as was everything, except for rent).  The day we arrived in our new town, our very first stop was the Comcast building.  Before we ate dinner, before we went to our house- we stopped to get cable.  Mostly that was my request.  I didn't want the house to feel so lonely.  Chuck even splurged to get us the package that included ABC Family (Gilmore Girls every day ay 11), TLC, HGTV, OWN, and Fox News (for Chuck).  Today we lose the package, my special channels, and On Demand.  I know I don't need the extra channels, I just really enjoy having them.  I can't believe we will be paying for the minimum basic cable, which is more expensive than the extra stuff in VA.  I guess I'm going to really have to start getting into news and local programming.  Yuck.

I realize this will be good for me, and Jase.  He doesn't need to be exposed to too much TV, but it really helps fill the quiet for me.  Another plus is that spring starts tomorrow!! Hallelujah!  Warmer weather is on the horizon, and we will be hitting the streets.  Someone very generously bought us a brand new stroller that fits our car seat so I can't wait to get out there!  In fact, tomorrow we have plans to stroll over to Dunkin to meet a friend.

So as we mourn the loss of our favorite channels, I am enjoying one final rerun of Gilmore Girls.  And yes, I do have all 7 seasons on DVD- that's besides the point.


3 comments:

Melody Martin said...

My condolences. We don't get any stations at all, but I am on my computer all the time. I really feel like I shouldn't be though. I know what a hard adjustment moving is, and I would love to hang out if you're ever feeling lonely! We missed you at mom to mom and hope you feel better soon!

Full of JOY said...

Thanks Melody! Will see you at the next one! =)

Mrs. Schaefer said...

I definitely relate to having the tv on for noise!