Sunday Best

I'm so tired and I really just long to crawl into bed- morning is going to come quick.  Sunday is approaching, so that means the alarm is set for 6:30am.  Yuck.  I've already mentioned my disdain for our Sunday morning schedule, but I find that the church's ample supply of coffee does help.  I'm still up because I'm waiting for my clothes that are in the washer.  Although it just dawned on me I can throw them in the dryer before my shower in the morning.  Oops.  Anyway, while I'm here I might as well mention our insane evening.

Our good friends are moving out of NOVA to far away KT.  We are happy for them, but sad for us they won't be two hours away anymore.  We set up a dinner date in Baltimore, which is supposed to be an hour drive for both of us.  After waking Jase from his nap, changing his diaper twice, packing up all our stuff, and piling in the car we started towards Baltimore.  We drove about 20 minutes only to hit a dead stop on the highway, where we sat- sometimes crawled- for 2 1/2 hours.  Of course we were not able to meet our friends.  Instead we stopped at a gross Taco Bell, turned around and headed for home.  What a WEIRD night.  I'm so sad we didn't get to see our friends, and am hoping it will work out later this week!

It was a surprisingly fine evening though.  We made the most of it, I guess.  Chuck and I still talked and laughed and enjoyed our time as a family.      

0 comments: