i will be flying home in about a week and a half. i leave here on friday, april 21. most of my time "home" will be spent in philly at the hospital. i actually get to be back for 18 days which is a huge blessing!! my dad's surgery is now scheduled for monday, april 24. i say this all the time to myself, and maybe even people, i don't know...but i just can't believe it. i just can't. my dad's desire is that God uses this to reach the doctors, nurses, and "indian chiefs" for HIM. i think that is becoming the desire of my heart as well. mom and i (and possibly the boys) will be spending lots of hours in the hospital, possibly around the same people for many days in a row. God can work! i am confident of that, and even more, i know He will. i don't doubt it.

1 comments:

dubbe said...

And yet another reason why I love you Abby. I have seen and experienced the love you have for your dad, time and time again. Now, several years after you wrote this post, you have been through another heart surgery with your dad. Each time you took the extra time off to spend it with him and love on him. Fortunately, I met you just before the last heart surgery and fell in love with you and absolutely adored your loving and selfless spirit. I am so lucky and blessed to be your husband.