You guys are awesome! Thank you to so many of you who have been praying for me so faithfully! I am comforted, and so encouraged by that. I am always in awe when some one tells me that they are specifically praying for me.
The past several weeks have actually been a little rough. There are a lot of things changing in the lives of the people around me. As a result, it has left me feeling abandoned and alone at times. I experience a great deal of pain when I get the feeling of abandonment, as it brings up past wounds. But, to tell you the truth, I am amazed at how God gets me through each day. It is a reminder that he is going to continue to carry me, especially during the next few weeks.
I leave on Friday for home because God amazingly provided a ticket for me to fly back! I am so thankful. On Sunday, my family leaves to go to Philly for my dad’s surgery, which is going to be on Monday morning, April 24th. I keep imagining myself sitting in the hospital, waiting for at least six hours while they operate, anxiously wondering how it’s going. Creepy. This is certainly an unexpectedly hard time for us as a family, especially for dad. It’s so hard to believe. Please continue to pray for my dad- for protection during surgery, and for good recovery and healing.
On a really cool note, the Psalm 139 Bible study went really well. It was super wonderful having so many of you praying for us. Thank you! There was definitely a core group of girls that came every week, plus random stragglers here and there. For me, a highlight was when we had a group of unsaved girls mixed with saved girls, all studying God’s word together! So cool! Also, God brought a girl to the group who “happened” to hear about it, and she showed up all by herself, even though she was really scared to come. We, as a group, were taken on an intense journey together, and we really bonded. God taught us all different things, but we certainly all learned more about how high, deep, wide, and long his love for us really is! It was an awesome experience!
Consumed, as a whole, is doing well. While I am gone, we will be hosting a Shawn McDonald concert for free, to benefit Invisible Children, and it’s going to take place on a community college campus!
In case you haven’t heard, Jamie’s book, “Fully Alive” came out recently. That has been really exciting! You can order one on our new website at: www.consumedministries.com I am currently working on book as well, so you can pray for wisdom as I write it!
I will be gone for about three weeks, but I will try to write so that people can receive updates about my dad. Again, seriously, thank you for praying!
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid” said Jesus to me, and to you! This verse was sent to me on a card that I received today and it just flooded my spirit with warmth. May it warm your heart as it did mine.

1 comments:

Tara said...

I'll miss you for 3 weeks, but I'm so glad you get to be at home with your family. I'm "THINKING" of you as I eat a twinkie!! =)