Life is so Rad

it really is. gathering my thoughts at this late (early) hour is proving difficult for some reason right now. usually i am alive at night, but it's been such a day that i haven't had a chance to process it all. i am going to bed soon, and i will lay my head down on my pillow, snuggle into my comfy, soft, flannel sheets, with my 7 layers of blankets anchoring me to my cushy matress and i'm pretty sure i will drift into my sleepy, dreamy state with a faint smile tugging on my lips.

today started out like any other opening shift day starts out as. early, cold, so tired i feel sick, wanting to stay in bed, and groaning at the thought of working all day. but, alas, i got up, energized by thoughts of double shots of espresso that i love so much. the work day was a bit crazy from the start (we got a new, hideously UGLY purple chair in, which created a bit of distraction that me, and my non-talking self, had to deal with). i don't remember exactly what time this happened, but a customer came in and ordered a Decaf Tall Nonfat Latte. i went to put an "X" in the decaf box- since i ALWAYS use the "X" as my choice of marking, but as i slashed the line from top right to bottom left, i realized i did not want to complete the "X". i just wanted to leave a slash line. i've tried this before, and it has always bothered me not to complete the full "X". i know, i KNOW! that's weird. it's very OC. it's so perfect. it's annoying. i know this. i left the slanted line...and made a decision in that moment that has changed me. yeah, you think i'm crazy! but in that moment i said, "today, i am going to do things that i normally do not do..." i was instantly excited, elated actually! i was literally bouncing at one point i got so excited! and from there....it all began! the most fun day i have ever had by my own choice!

all day long i did things i would normally not do! it was freeing! it was elating! it was elevating! it was FUN! my friend and i ordered "ruby mini's" (baby hamburgers!) for lunch with amazing seasoned fries. i drove around with my sun roof open. (it's freezing here!) i spit out my side window. that made me laugh out loud at myself! i listened to music all day that i had never listened to before, and i loved it! i skipped the chiropractor! (i normally go 2-3 times a week!) i won a bet that the person betting me never in a million years would have expected me to follow through on! i did many other little things, and also some huge things. my day was literally packed with "un-abby-normals" and i loved it! it was such a blast.

probably the biggest shock of it all...well, let's just say, if you haven't seen me yet i don't want to spoil it for you. picture soon to come...this change is probaby the most shocking, and the most FUN of all. i love it. i'm proud of me. i'm happy to be alive. i'm happy to be LIVING. i'm in awe that God made me this way. He's super cool.

"Life is so rad..."

3 comments:

gretchen said...

you are killing me here....

Chuck said...

Well done Abs! It's good to break our own "norms" and experience some needed freedom. I too am excited to see the new you, whatever it is that you did!

Tara said...

PICTURE PLEASE!!! Let me guess...did you dye your hair a funky color or get a piercing? The hair's in the plan for me this summer...blue, purple...something...