What Am I Thinking?

i finally joined the gym again. it's been a long time coming. and as i get ready for my loooooong day tomorrow, i ask myself "what am i thinking?" running again? blah. i guess it's because i've turned into a bit of a blob. the time has come. i need to be healthy. it's very important to me to take care of my body. it's just that i have really enjoyed not exercising these past few months. all my life, i've been obsessed with working out, and it's been nice to just come home and not worry about it. i need to make a list of why i run (or work out in some other way) to help keep my attitude upbeat. it seems as if the downside of the list is way bigger.

why run?

it's important for my heart
it lowers stress
a good stress reliever
helps me to vent when i'm angry
i feel good about myself
allows me to eat more
burns calories
lose some of the blob

ok. i still don't feel better. it's taking all my restraint not to write all the bad things about running again...but alas. i will prevail. i will be disciplined.

i will run.

3 comments:

Marissa said...

i bet you'll be more excited to run when you can go outside. treadmills are no fun! you gotta feel the sun on your face (or moon... depending on when you go, i like the night, kinda scary, but then people can't see how weird i look when i attempt to run!)

Tara said...

Good for you, Abby. Don't turn into me--the most unwilling to work out person on this planet. =)

gretchen said...

Getting a head start on the orthopraxy I see...what a kiss up!