The New Color of Love

happy valentines day!

i adore valentines day. really, i love any excuse to celebrate- let alone celebrating the people in my life who i love and love me!

amongst the many gifts i received today, i got a big, massive bag of m 'm m's from my mama. they are valentine-specific, but they are all green! apparently green is the new color of love. hhhmmm...green m 'n m's have come a long way since my jr. high years. is any body with me on this point?! since we're on the topic, i have quite a traumatizing story about yellow m 'n m's as well relating back to jr. high. i'll leave that alone for now!

today is a day to celebrate LOVE! my day was just packed full of sweet things :) but i am going to narrow it down to one of God's gifts to me.

you see, for the past couple of days, i have been a bit of a wreck inside. i haven't slept well. my mind is wrestling around with a lot of issues. i go to bed stinkin' late, and wake up stinkin' early because my mind is just mulling over STUFF. i have woken up for the past two mornings with a stomach ache- the kind where i think i might throw up. it's all because of me being anxious and worried about "things". it's strange because i used to live in a constant state of worry, but really thought i had overcome all of that. seems to have reared it's ugly head again for a spell. one of those "things" has been money stuff. ugh. the dreaded money stuff. well...today i went to get my mail, and in the midst of several valentines that i got also came a surprise from God!

HE provided me with a nice chunk of change that i will be able to use for my bills this month! oh how my heart just exploded with gratefulness! i feel so relieved and so blessed and so thankful! you see, i had written an article months ago. an author (ha! that's me! so cool!) doesn't get paid until the article is actually published. well, it came out in the spring issue, so i finally got my check! holy cow- is my God super sweet, or what?! and just tonight i was reading and studying and was lead to see how sweet Jesus was...and is.

so, even though i still have issues on my mind- today was living proof, that indeed, my God will supply all OUR needs...

2 comments:

gretchen said...

Yay for sweet things Abs! That is so great! and speaking of m & m's, my dad was telling me that green was the new color of love and he had a HUGE container of green m&m's and I told him what green m&m's were and he told me he had never heard of such a thing...whatever :)

Tara said...

I also remember the green m&m's of junior high age. Glad to hear there's a new purpose for them since it's my favorite color and I always save them for last when I'm eating a handful. I love that you got a check on Valentine's Day!