I'm back!

I have my role back and it has been glorious so far today.  Being a career woman for one week was a great experience.  I loved dressing up every day (Even though I would have had to repeat those outfits all over again this week if I continued to be in the business cas world.).  It made me feel a little more powerful, a little more like I fit into DC.  Step into any grocery, Target, or mall store and the norm is to be surrounded by women in their clicking heels, fancy dress pants, and professional purses slung over their shoulders.  I was one of them for a week and it was really fun!  I enjoyed meeting new people.  I had a great time keeping the office kitchen organized and indulged in many a Kuerig beverage.  I learned some new office skills, namely Excel, although that is still a bit of a traumatizing program for me.

There were, of course, issues during the week that bothered me but it's over now and I'm thankful.  I am so happy to be back at home, catching up on my list of things I am behind on.  I feel rested, stress-free, relaxed, and full of joy in the midst of my work.  It's work that I enjoy!  I enjoy working hard at something I find value and life in.

Chuck continues to encourage me to pursue writing.  It's hard for me to explain but I feel quite burdened with the notion that I should or could be a writer.  Since my dear sweet husband knows I enjoy writing he likes to push me to accomplish my dreams of succeeding in this area.

But most of the time I feel way more excited to get work done around our apartment, run errands, organize, create lists, meet with friends, go to Bible study, prepare meals, host dinners and more then to try and pursue writing.  Writing just feels like a burden.  That's the only way I know to describe it.  Maybe it's because that has been an expectation on me and I feel if I don't ever pursue this seriously then I will have failed.  I don't want to fail!  I don't want to look back on my life and think, "I wish I had written a book", or "I wish I had been published more", or "I wish ....".

What I do want is to be able to look back on my life and know that I served God with my whole heart, I served, loved, respected and cherished my husband and that I was a light for Jesus on this earth, loving those around me.  THAT is what I hope.  If I can accomplish any of those things through writing, then so be it.  But right now I don't know what to do about that....  

4 comments:

...desperate to love as God loves... said...

:) I'm happy you can be a stay at home wife! I love staying at home. I did it for 4 years and pretty much begged Jake to work, now 15 months later - I'm back to the best job in the world!! I hear ya on catching up on things, I am so excited to organize and clean out my house! HA! Have a super day!

Jessi and Nic said...

go girl!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your heart. Will pray God will open doors for your amazing writing skills.

dubbe said...

Abs, I will try to be more gentle with my encouraging, to not pressure you or make you feel burdened about writing.

You are already an amazing writer! I began falling in love with you when I started reading your blog for the first time (Nov. 12, 2008). I have been a faithful follower since, and have even done quite a bit of reading in the archives. :)