It Can't Be...

I've been feeling lousy all day. I heard Jase fussing at 6:45am so I went in to check on him. When I got back in bed I just KNEW something wasn't right with me. All day long I've been hoping I've just been having a weak day. Chuck even worked from home while Jase napped so I could sleep this afternoon. I woke up still feeling lousy. I had to have an ultrasound today due to pain in my ovary. (I've had this before and it was cysts, so I hope that's all it is this time.) While I was laying on the table I started shivering. Not a good sign. As the night has progressed, I've continued to feel lousy, chilled, and achey. I took my temperature earlier tonight and it was normal, but I just checked again and there you have it. A fever. This can't be. Of all weekends to get sick (AGAIN!) this is NOT the weekend that would work.

If you're out there, please pray for me. For us. Pray for strength for Chuck as he cares for all of us- especially as he's getting little sleep. And pray for protection over Chuck and the babies from this sickness. Once again, my babies are at risk of getting sick because of me.

Remember the days when getting sick was kindof fun? When you could lay in bed, watch TV, and sleep with not a care in the world? I digress.

It's perfect timing for me to be memorizing Galatians 5:22-23, "But the fruit that comes from having the Holy Spirit in our lives is PEACE!" Thank you Jesus.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Abigail,
I don't always read your blog posts but I definitely check in and catch up from time to time. Its rough to hear how hard it is right now for you. I had times of rough going after both kids but nothing like this. Something that helped me (not sure if it would make any difference for you, but it probably wouldn't hurt) is getting water with electrolytes every so often. It seems to help with lightheadedness for me. I'm guessing nursing is part of the reason I need extra. Recovery is hard and I can't imagine recovering from all you sent through this time. Your daughter is beautiful! Congrats on your sweet little one. I will pray. Miss you guys here in VA.
Ashley R.

Mrs. Schaefer said...

Oh NO! Praying!