New Reality

We sure do miss GG around here. My Dad came down last week to pick up my Mom, and to see us- and by "us" I mean the grandkids. ;) I just love spending time with my parents. It's a new experience to watch them love our kids. They get a huge kick out of Jase, and just adore Basye. My Mom is my best friend, so to have her here for the last month was not only a massive help, but I had a friend around to fill the lonely days. It was sad to see both of my parents go, and the reality of real life without my Mom is setting in. 

Everything feels a lot harder without my Mom here. Thankfully, Chuck has been home with us all weekend so I haven't had to manage on my own yet. Still, we've both had our share of lost sleep. I've been able to take naps, which is a big help. I keep thinking my amazing husband is going to snap as he's sacrificed so much for all of us, but he hasn't. We've really enjoyed our family time the last couple of days- especially yesterday as we celebrated the day of Love! 

Today I feel especially weak and worn out, but I know it's because a little someone kept us up for several hours last night. I keep reminding myself this phase is temporary. It's perfect timing for a new verse to memorize. Today starts the 4th week for SSMT. I chose Galatians 5:22-23 in the NLV. "But the fruit that comes from having the Holy Spirit in our lives is: love, joy, peace, not giving up, being kind, being good, having faith, being gentle, and being the boss over our own desires. The Law is not against these things." 




We miss you Geeg!

We love you Grandpa & GG! 

0 comments: