My Little Tree on Fire

this week owns two of the best nights that i have had in a long time. tonight being one of them.

i have had a wicked tiring week at work. don't mess with the MOA on black friday...just my advice from a professional standpoint. i am still exhausted from the hoards of people crowding our store. pretty sure we hit a fire hazzard, come to think of it. i literally didn't think i could survive another second on the floor at one point during a day, and was about to break down when all of the sudden i hear, "abby! go on your break." as i walked into the back room, i almost burst into tears- i was so tired, hungry, and overwhelmed with the thousands of customers barking their high-maintenance orders at me. i cried out to God for strength...and He came through. God lifted my spirits and gave me the strenght to plow through the rest of the day...and week, for that matter. so, i'm tired. spent. and ready for my day off tomorrow.

i love sat. nights. sat. nights and sundays are my weekend. i never work sundays, so i always have that peace. the peace of knowing i am honoring God with a day of a rest- a day He has given to me. sundays are a gift.

i always have a sense of freedom on sat. nights because i know i get to "sleep in" until 9 am or so. (an extra 4 hours!) tonight was one of those sat. nights. tonight was swzy and i's "home alone/decorating/eat a ham and homemade apple pie" night. we also invited boog to come. who knew she is such a scrooge? yup. she is. boogsie hates decorating for christmas. and she didn't. not one ornament did she hang! BUT, swzy and i had a blast deckin' our tree with lights...all sorts of crazy lights...and ornaments.

we also had a huge ham, scallopped potatos, glazed carrots, and homemade apple pie. dinner compliments of my totally domestic roommate! dessert...thank you very much...from me! the dinner was to die for. so delicious. it was such an amazing feeling to sit down to a home cooked, good old fashioned ham meal! thanks girl.

ok...i have more to write, but my stomach is KILLING me...so that's all for now. stay tuned.

1 comments:

the way I see it... said...

alright, the content of this entry did not reflect the title...i can't wait to hear you walk us thru the tree-burning story! :) SO much fun tonight...best apple pie i've pretty much ever had! AND, i think we just might have the best Christmas tree i've ever seen. that star is what's up. love you, goose!!! holler.