Suspicious Cells!

suspicious cells my foot! literally.

several weeks ago i had 5 moles removed- three from the bottom of my foot. don't for a second think that this was just a "minor, no big deal" procedure. HECK NO. it was the worst surgery i have ever had. (and i have had A LOT, including ACL reconstruction which is horribly painful) my doctor stuck the tender, delicate muscles of my ARCH along with the ball of my foot FOUR times with novicane. i was shivering, shaking, sweating, and fighting the tears like crazy. i squeezed that nurses hand so hard i'm sure she has bruises. then when it was all said and done...i ended up limping around for a week because of the pain. but, i left that day feeling relieved that it was over and i'd never have to go through that again. never did i think i'd really have to go in because i had cancer or anything else.

this leads me to today. i was called back into the skin doctor's office to discuss my situation. the good news is...i don't have cancer! praise the Lord. BUT, and there's always a but in situations like this. (let me just interject here. when i told my father this story he replied by saying, "i thought we were talking about your foot, not your butt. " he thought he was halarious. :) BUT, i do have "suspicious cells" that the pathologist is concerned about. my doctor says i have to get these invisible cells removed by slicing two more holes in my foot and cutting out the possible areas where the creepy cells are inhabiting my foot. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! i have to go through this all over again, only this time it will be worse because i have to get stitches. picturing going through that agony and horror again just about makes me vomit from fear. they say it's one of the worst places to have to get novicane because there's no fat. sheesh. for ONCE in my life i wish a part of my body WAS fat.

my dad did tell me some comforting things after the butt comment. certain things about his heart surgery were supposed to be dreadfully painful and he's positive God protected him from some of that pain. our God is a God who can work WONDERS even when it comes to the horror of going under the knife.

i have yet to schedule my appointment. i told my doctor i need to gear up for this.

3 comments:

the way I see it... said...

ish, ish, ish. i've got a hand that you can borrow, and i don't mind bruises :)

kiltsandthistles said...

I will be praying hard for you during this time. Be sure to post date and time so I can keep you in my prayers specifically on that day. JoyAnna

Heidi said...

Ahhh... Abby. Definately let us know the date! You are going to be smothered in prayer!