The Clouds are Parting!

heart surgery is quite a reoccuring theme in my family. (don't worry, no one is scheduled for any more physical surgery any time soon.) but, i will say for the past several months, i have been really wrestling with anger over my life, and what i perceive to have come of it. thinking about my life has made me recall hurt- which i still feel in a very real way, sometimes making me angry, and then slowly turning me bitter and negative. it's like i had thrown my hands up in the air and given up on having a fulfilling life because things just have not gone the way i have ever wanted them to. i am almost 25 (a week from today!) and have just been so depressed at how OLD i am getting, yet feeling like i have done nothing with my life yet.

thus beginning my spiritual heart surgery- with my dear Father physician gently operating. (again!) He has also used people to inpart Godly wisdom and insight- helping me to wake up and smell the reality yet again! i am beginning to come around to a peaceful, hopeful, excited, and new direction in life! everything on the surface looks the same from day to day- but not my heart. my heart is renewed. that's the power of the God i love. and the God who loves me.

LET THE MORNING BRING ME WORD OF YOUR UNFAILING LOVE, FOR I HAVE PUT MY TRUST IN YOU. SHOW ME THE WAY I SHOULD GO, FOR TO YOU I LIFT UP MY SOUL. (psalm 143:8)

1 comments:

Heidi said...

May I just say that you are an amazing writer my dear friend Abby. You explain things in a way that are hard to say with words. I feel like I have gotten to know you through your written word this year and I love ya! I'm celebrating with you that your clouds are parting!