Day 13

Don't mind the corner of the cake, I have no idea why it's missing! ;)  This is Luscious Banana Cake with Brown Butter Frosting.  I had some pretty brown bananas, and we had a dinner date with our dear friends Ben and Jess, so thought I'd whip this up.  I think it turned out pretty good, but a few of my teeth are super sensitive to sweet today, and it certainly put a damper on my dessert intake.  If this sweets sensitivity keeps up, I will probably lose a lot of weight, ha!  I also made some chili, but the picture made it look disgusting, so thought I'd leave the photo out. 

Anyway, Jess and I had decided to surprise the boys with pumpkin carving.  The reaction didn't quite deliver like I had hoped, but I think the boys ended up having fun.

Our pumpkin looked like a wimp compared to theirs, but whose competing?

Little Kaydee girl was lovin' the pumpkin carving action!

Things turned very serious....

Ben finished his, and it turned out spook-tacularly!  Chuck, on the other hand, is still working on ours.  He's a perfectionist, what can I say?  I'll make sure to post the finished product soon....







0 comments: