31 Days of Fall- Let the festivities begin!

Fall has always been a sad season for me.  For most of my life fall meant school started up again, and that was devastating every year.  Now that I no longer have to go back to school (Oh thank you, Lord!) in the fall, I have still found it to be depressing because the weather gets colder.  Hot weather is so good for my soul.  I just bubble over with joy during the summer months of hot weather.  Thankfully where we live, "colder" has meant the temperature is still in the 70's, and even 80's which is doable.  Of course, today it's freezing cold- in the 60's! Good thing I have a fun fall plan.  

This year, I've decided that I really want to make the most of fall and enjoy all the fun things fall has to offer.  Plus, Chuck is such a wonderful husband to me I wanted to do something creative to really invest in him.  It all started this morning as I surprised him with announcing "31 Days of Fall".  (My friends Joe and Heidi inspired me by doing this a few Christmases ago.)  Let me be clear that I am not counting down the days to Halloween, I am simply enjoying the next season of life, and October happens to have 31 days.  I have a list of ideas up my sleeve, and plan to surprise Chuck with a new fall thing each day of this month.

Today the celebration kicked off when Chuck found our light-up pumpkin on the counter, and a note taped to the coffee pot (his VERY first stop every morning).  Later today we will be stopping at a secret location (Hint:  it includes BOGO.) and heading to a fall football game.  

Let the festivities begin! Happy Fall Y'all! =)


Thanks for the cute towel, Aunt Barb!

2 comments:

dubbe said...

Oooh! I'm liking this already! Thanks babe! I do love my coffee & flavored cream! What's BOBO? I guess I'll have to find out. :)

Heidi H. said...

Yay! SO great! Can't wait to see what you have planned! Let me know if you need any help with ideas. Fall is my FAVE!