Day 7 Extra's

I can't seem to be able to type under the video in my last post so I will have to update you about the grand finale of Day 7 in it's very own post.  The cake turned out as good as I had hoped and it was a huge hit with Chuck!  PLUS, our friends Dan and Jamie from MN arrived in the evening and we got to share it together.  And bonus, the cake also doubled for a breakfast item.  This morning when I was offering to serve it I said, "Hey Babe, would you like a piece of cake?"  He replied, "You mean coffee cake?"  Oh, I'm sorry, it's morning, so if we throw coffee before the cake it turns into an acceptable breakfast item.  We all had a good laugh and Jamie said we call cupcakes without frosting muffins so we can eat them in the morning.  "Bald cupcakes are called muffins."  Anyway, I thought it was a pretty ingenious idea.

Having Dan and Jamie here was so special and refreshing (even though their wives and kiddoes couldn't make it- they were certainly missed!).  It was a great reminder of my days living in MN, and how far God has brought me in the last several years.  When I picture myself living in MN, I picture a wounded little bird who desperately wanted to fly, but whose wings were too damaged to be able to move.  God in His sovereignty brought friends around to help heal my broken wings.  Those friends were the exact medicine God knew I needed.  After 3 1/2 years, my wings were healed and I was able to fly all the way to VA!  Now, some of those friends got to see me here in my new life, with my new husband, in our new home.  I have been redeemed, and I praise God today for his power to heal.  I love these guys and how God continues to use them in my life.  Thank you for Dan and Jamie!

L-Dan, R-Jamie

Final product
Was it any good?  I believe this picture tells the story!
Day 8 Fun Fall Activity awaits!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

eIt was great to see you Abs & Chuck. The wounded little bird is all grown up. The coffee cake indeed was delicious.

gretchen said...

Jealous on all counts. :)
So glad they got to see you and your redeemed life. Praise God!