In My Arms!


God really blessed me with a beautiful labor and delivery! I had been terrified going into it, as giving birth to Jase was a little bit like dying. I could not believe the difference this time around! I actually had a lot of FUN delivering Basye. My OB and the nurses were just fabulous! I loved them! God was so gracious to me. Here is a picture of the first time I got to hold my daughter (besides when she was all mucky straight from the womb when they first laid her on my chest). I was also able to take a couple pictures of Chuck with her, too. Right after these pictures were taken is when things started to go down hill fast...




Then the scenario pretty much looked like this. I didn't even know Chuck took this picture! He actually took a lot of pictures I wasn't aware of. At the time I probably would have told him not to take any pictures, but looking back I'm so glad he did. Today is the first time I have looked through our pictures, and even though I feel sad at how hard it was, I am so happy to look back and see God's faithful hand every step of the way.


I had absolutely no idea that mere hours from when this picture was taken Basye would be separated from me, and I wouldn't be able to hold her for five more days. It's good I didn't know. At the time even though I was too weak to even sit up, I found comfort knowing she and Chuck were in the room. Without warning, contact with this sweet girl turned to this. I can't even begin to express the world of difference having this camera/computer set up made to me. Thank God for those hospital angels. I wasn't in contact with her, but I was connected. I needed that. We rarely ever watched TV. I pretty much just wanted to watch my baby.



This is how the staff had to dress whenever they came in the room. This is the day we got checked out, and the first time I had seen Basye in person since she had been taken from me.


First picture together with our daughter! Chuck wore the mask to make me feel better. ;)


First time big brother got to meet his lil sis!



And now, for the BIGGEST PRAISE OF ALL, after five loooooong days I was able to hold my Preshy Presh in my arms!!! GOD IS GRACIOUS!!!! I AM SO IN LOVE.



THANK YOU so much for praying for us- we would so appreciate your continued prayers. I have a long way to go, but praise God for how far I've already come.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE!!!

Melody Martin said...

Praise God! I bet you never want to let her go!