Inquiring Minds

There is nothing sacred, private, or personal about having a baby. All dignity is stripped and that's just the way it is. In saying that, I do try to keep things about my pregnancy and how I'm feeling and doing somewhat reserved. I really wrestle with the negative emotions and thoughts I have about where I'm at, and never want to communicate a bad attitude to others. It's just not attractive. I in no way desire to be fake, but just desire to keep things personal. 

That being said, inquiring minds have been asking and I'm happy to share. I really need prayer. So I thank you in advance for anyone who will pray! A big thing right now is that I have some sort of cold including a cough, chest congestion, and body aches. I am also dealing with stomach issues- never fun. 

I had an OB appointment this morning and my cervix was checked. I'm barely 1 cm dilated- she couldn't even find my cervix at first. Lame. She did strip some membranes (that was a blast) in an attempt to get things moving. Since I'm sick with this cold junk and stomach stuff, the OB said it's probably a good thing I'm not in labor yet so I can get better before labor. I'm very discouraged because I feel SO lousy on all fronts. I'm struggling with end pains of carrying a baby full term (she's due on Tuesday, 1/20), and also with sickness on top of that. 


~Would you please pray for healing over this illness? I really don't want to go into labor feeling so sick. 

~Would you also please pray for my mental sanity? I feel so plagued by a million thoughts, and the anticipation of going into labor and delivery is really taking it's toll on my mind. (Whoever said a woman forgets labor pains is a big, fat liar. I've been living in dread of labor and delivery since I took a positive pregnancy test.)

Thank you for praying! A friend reminded me today to claim the power that raised Christ from the dead as the same power that lives in me! 

1 comments:

Melody Martin said...

Abigail, know that I am praying for you. I am so sorry that things are so rough. Having recently experienced the those last days of pregnancy, I haven't forgotten how it feels. Being sick on top of that is so difficult, I'm sure.