Sweet Moments

Today I was able to go downstairs and visit Little Miss. My Mom was feeding her, and as soon as I started talking to Basye she turned her head and looked right at me. Even though I had a mask on, she knew my voice! She knew me! I almost burst into tears. I treasure the memory of that moment.

Later while Jase was napping I went downstairs again to chat with my Mom. I got to watch her care for Basye and it was so special to just be able to SEE my daughter in person. It was a joy to watch her get her tiny, little diaper changed. I got to hear her darling hiccups and dainty newborn sneezes. I even enjoy hearing her cry because I didn't get to hear her at all while we were in the hospital. She is too precious for words.

It's also been a joy to hear Jase laughing and jabbering on downstairs. I am dying to kiss his face and squeeze him like crazy. I find comfort in the fact that each day I am closer and closer to getting better and to being able to cradle my loves again.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so brave. I don't know any verses and I'm not great with words but I'm keeping you and your amazing family in my thoughts and prayers.