Sleeeeeepy

It really surprises me at how much I slept today. I was only awake for about an hour and a half this morning before I had to lie back down. When I woke up again, it was almost 3pm. A good friend shared with me that, "sleep is one of God's greatest and most important gifts for our health." I find great comfort in that. I do believe the flu is almost all gone from my system, just waiting for this cough to pass. My biggest struggles are weakness, exhaustion, and a racing heart. All of these issues are due to my very low blood levels, coupled with the fact that I just gave birth 11 days ago, of course. I asked my Mom if she would be ready to go home this weekend and she told me she doesn't think I'm ready to be on my own. I agree with her, but just feel bad she's been "stuck" here for almost two weeks already. I wonder when I'll be able to get up and care for my babies on my own? My OB said it will take months until the levels rise, so I try not to get too discouraged. Typically I am able to play with Jase for about half an hour or so before I am just wiped out. I am thankful that each day I've been able to spend quality time with each baby, even if it's not for super long. 

Poor Basye has been having tummy issues. =( This, of course, makes me worry about her. It's not hard for something to make me worry. But her blocked tear ducts plus her tummy stuff just really upset me. I wonder if I'm alone in this, or if all Moms worry like I do? I feel like I'm supposed to have these super-power Mama instincts, and know when something is wrong with my kids, even if the doctor says they're OK. I spent a good amount of time talking with God about my worries today, and asked him to fill me with His peace instead. I want to enJOY my kids, and not look at them constantly worrying about all their little ailments. 

The great news is, we've come a LONG way since last week when these pictures were taken! Such a long way. God is so good. =)


(I still look this bad though, haha!)

0 comments: