Prayer Intervention Please

I am currently sitting alone in my hospital bed sobbing my eyes out.  There is so much happening all at once and it all feels like it's just caving in on my soul. My Mother's heart can hardly bear this.

I've been texting with my own Mom and she is wisely telling me to trust God, and I told her I want to but I'm so afraid. She reminded me that's why I need the  prayer of others. Will you lift us up?

I'm sorry for those of you who have not heard our sweet and precious daughter, Basye Jane was born yesterday, January 18. My heart has wanted to burst with all my friends and family over her arrival, I've been flat in bed almost the entire time since she came into this world, and have barely been able to hold her. I lost a lot of blood, had a blood transfusion, and have been telling every nurse and doctor that I was really sick before I went into labor, and still feel unusually weak.

My doctor came into see me and talk with me this afternoon. She said she would run a flu test on me "just to rule it out", but that she really didn't think I had it.

Long story short, I DO HAVE THE FLU. Please pray! I have kissed my baby girl and I have held her- though briefly- I can hardly handle the guilt that weighs on me knowing I exposed her to such a dangerous sickness. I am officially quarantined from my baby and am not allowed to see her. Her crib even has a sticker that says, "No Contact with Mom." I can't even finish typing as the tears continue to flow. I want to mention that the reason I'm alone in my room is because no one wants me to expose them, and because my AMAZING husband has taken on full-time care of our daughter over in the hospital nursery. He is holding her and feeding her and changing her, for which makes me so full of love for that man. If he had the flu I would have packed his bags so quickly and sent him far, far away- but he wants nothing more than to be by my side. And to care for our newest child.

Anyway, I think you can tell that I'm very fearful for our baby and her safety. Like my Mom said, I need the prayer of others. Will you please pray for the protection of Basye Jane? She is named "Daughter of the Lord" and she is the Lord's. Pray for her safety, and for my heart to trust her as the Lord's.

Isaiah 41:10 "Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be discouraged for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Again I am so sorry to those of you who haven't heard our precious news. I really and truly can't wait to share with each of you. Thank you for those who have text or emailed. Chuck reads me each text and each email and it brings me such joy, even though I can't respond right now.

If you would like to post your prayer over Basye or a verse of encouragement, our hearts could really use that Supernatural Intervention. Please also pray for protection over Jase as I held him and kissed him plenty before I got to the hospital!!! :/ I miss my baby boy, too.

We love you guys. Thanks for all you've done already.

P.S. See previous post for her official birth announcement.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Jesus
We bring our friends to your feet. Our true comforter and healer. We lift Abby and this sickness that has her right now. Please heal her Lord. She is also feeling alone, please hold her the way only You can.
Pray for the sweet babies. Keep them safe from the flu. Thank you for their little lives Lord and blessing Chuck and Abby.
Pray Lord for Chuck. Help him to stay healthy. He has to be role of mom and dad right now.
Lord Jesus we cry out to you. Thank you for being with our friends when we can't.
Love you all
Wagner's

Unknown said...

Abigail. Praying for great grace, comfort, healing and the peace of Jesus over you. I am in touch with Chuck and will be in to see you. Pastor Brian

Kathy C said...

Prayers for you, sweet Abigail. And for babies and for Chuck and for your parents and and. God knows and cares. I am asking that tonight you feel His arms of llove wrapped around you, and that you experience His grace in amazing ways. No sermons, just prayers. Expect to be fearful until you, Jase, and baby girl are in the clear, but focus on what you know to be true of your God!

Love,
Kathy Compton

Unknown said...

Praying for all the Dubbes! I know you know this, but Abigail, I don't think God's at all suprised that you have the flu. He knew what He was doing when He chose this time for her to join your family outside of the womb. I think He even had an idea that you'd shower her with kisses! I love her name - and the meaning that goes along with it. I cannot wait to see what she and her brother do for the kingdom! In no time, this will just be a little hiccup in your lives and story to tell.

Lord, I lift up Abigail to you. Heal her physically as well as emotionally. I pray that all those taking care of her would use the skills and knowledge that you have given them for just a time as this! I pray that you would spare the rest of the family from becoming sick. I pray for peace to overcome Chuck and Abigail, and for Jase as they take care of Abigail and Basye Jane. In Your son's name, Amen!

Love you guys!

Trina

Pam Colston said...

I'm Just hugging you with my heart! This is my Prayer, praise, and acknowledgement of our Creator and Comforter.
Psalm 86:1-13
1
Bow down Your ear, O Lord, hear me;
For I am poor and needy.
2
Preserve my life, for I am holy;
You are my God;
Save Your servant who trusts in You!
3
Be merciful to me, O Lord,
For I cry to You all day long.
4
Rejoice the soul of Your servant,
For to You, O Lord, I lift up my soul.
5
For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive,
And abundant in mercy to all those who call upon You.
6
Give ear, O Lord, to my prayer;
And attend to the voice of my supplications.
7
In the day of my trouble I will call upon You,
For You will answer me.
8
Among the gods there is none like You, O Lord;
Nor are there any works like Your works.
9
All nations whom You have made
Shall come and worship before You, O Lord,
And shall glorify Your name.
10
For You are great, and do wondrous things;
You alone are God.
11
Teach me Your way, O Lord;
I will walk in Your truth;
Unite my heart to fear Your name.
12
I will praise You, O Lord my God, with all my heart,
And I will glorify Your name forevermore.
13
For great is Your mercy toward me,
And You have delivered my soul from the depths of Sheol.
In Jesus Name, Amen

Unknown said...

Oh, Abigail, my mother's heart is breaking for you! Our love for your entire family extends to you all - to you as you struggle with this huge setback; for Chuck as he takes on added responsibilities; for Jase as he surely misses his mommy and daddy; and especially for a hedge of protection around baby Bayse! Our prayers have been with you since last week for your health and will continue as you regain your strength.

Lord, we lift each of these precious ones in Your hands. You had these days planned and we know You are in control. Please surround the Dubbes with Your love, strength, and healing at this time.

These verses are ones I have claimed as a mom...
Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the PEACE of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Love and Hugs to all of you - please know we are here for you! the Wonders

Unknown said...

In the name of Jesus Christ, I speak forth complete healing into Abigail and her precious, little baby girl. You are the true healer. I pray that you give all of the hospital staff wisdom in how to treat them. Please comfort Abigal and wrap your arms around her when her loved ones can't be the ones to physically hug her.

We trust in You and Your completed healing! In Jesus' name, amen!

Unknown said...

Abigail,
I am so sorry to hear what is going on. You and your family are in my prayers. If there is anything I can do please call me. Sending you love and hugs. Praying for healing for you and that no one else gets sick.

Unknown said...

Abigail, our Living Word Staff and members of our Prayer Chain are praying for you and Basye, Chuck, and Jase.

Father God, we lift Abigail up in prayer and ask that you would strengthen her and restore her to perfect health. Provide her with doctors and nurses who will lovingly care for her needs and be sensitive to her fears. Most of all, Lord, at this moment and in the days ahead, give her a peace that passes all understanding and quiet her fears for her babies' health. Protect Jase and Basye from the flu that they have unknowingly been exposed to. Protect Chuck as well and give him strength to care for their children and be an encouragement to Abigail. In the precious name of Jesus...