So MUCH Pain!

When mom talked to the ICU nurse this morning, the nurse asked if my dad had a low pain tolerance. This, of couse, was hard for us to hear because we know that my dad actually has a very high pain tolerance! My mom informed the nurse of his past 2 heart surgeries and kidney stones. Since they now know that dad does have a high pain tolerance, they were able to better determine that he is in an incredible amount of pain!

Please pray for the pain to subside! We haven't gone back to the ICU yet today. We are still waiting for one of my brothers to arrive and then we'll all go together.

Other then the pain, my dad is doing well. That is great news! We just ache for him suffering so much. It's incredibly difficult to see him like that. He can not talk very much, and when he looks at us the pain in his eyes is almost unbearable. Sometimes it's hard to stay in the room.

THANK YOU for your continued prayers for my dad and my family. We can still feel God's peace and His rest in our spirits. We never cease to be amazed each day at how much The Body is wrapping their arms around us. A wonderful woman brought us a home cooked meal last night and that meant the world to us!

Thanks for praying, and I will post later today if I get a chance. (More then likely since I haven't gotten my coffee yet and NEED to go to Starbucks!;)

4 comments:

The Owl said...

Oh Papa Amos! Love you and praying for you! hope this passes soon!

Anonymous said...

Ab, I'm still praying! Love, Lindsay

Anonymous said...

Abby,
Am continuing to pray for your Dad and for you all. Thanks for continuing to update us.
Sending you a hug.....
Love, Marcia

Nate and Emily Miller said...

praying and thinking so much about Papa A! thanks for the updates abs :) i definitely wish i could be there with you guys. and if i was...i'd have an ipod with all the classic beegees songs so papa could listen to them and maybe even sing along. seriously though...love you guys and i'm praying praying praying!