Strawberries!

This post is something that is just over-flowing from my heart. I know this whole ordeal is completely about my Daddy, but God is still taking care of me in such special ways! I am amazed by that! I thought it might be cool for those of you faithful readers to hear the neat ways that God is specifically watching over my every need, and even wants.

Most of you know this crazy "diet" that I've been on for almost 2 weeks. I am proud to say God has given me the self-control to stay ON the wagon for this whole time. I am so thankful for that! It's been extremely difficult to eat the way I need to right now in this hospital situation.

One night I was absolutely CRAVING strawberries. (Which I am allowed to eat!) The next day my mom and I went on our routine Starbucks visit. It was cold, the wind was blowing, and we just put our heads down and plowed down the block. All of the sudden I looked up to see one of those Philly fruit carts. I hustled over, and what do I see, but a whole little baggie of strawberries for only $2! It was the ONLY baggy of strawberries there! I almost jumped up and down! I took them to Starbucks and they were delicious! Thanks God! How cool is that?! I've been back to that same cart every day and there have never been strawberries again. I asked the lady about them one time and she looked at me like I was crazy! God knew that the strawberries would just make my day and He gave them to me!

There have been many more instances like that, but that's the one that keeps coming back to my mind. Another reminder of God's deep, intimate, personal love for ME!

I had my own special visitor today, too! (Thanks again, Roomie!! You're the BEST!) That really lifted my spirits. Dad had visitors too, but I had stepped out and missed them. Bummer.

Dad is sleeping well right now. They are still trying to handle the pukey-ness. He has a fever on top of it. He asked us to call the nurse because he wanted to go for a walk! I was AMAZED at this. He can't even lift his hand to put a spoon in his mouth, but he remembered that if he went for a walk, it would help his fever. Talk about strength.

I am so proud of my dad! He's such a fighter.

The walk really wore him out (from his bed to his room bathroom and back) and caused more pain, but he is determined. Wow.

Thank you for praying! We appreciate your continued prayers more then we can express!

Praise God for the strawberries in our lives!

1 comments:

Laura Siegrist said...

oh abby, i'm so glad you were able to get those strawberries!! how exciting and comforting that must have been :)