Almost Home...


We are PRAISING GOD today! Thank God with us! My dad was released from the hospital early this morning. He came back to my aunt's house (where we've been crashing for almost 2 weeks!) to settle for the day.
PLEASE PRAY tomorrow morning (Monday)! My mom will be driving dad, and my grammy back home. Pray for managable pain during the car ride, no pukes, safety, and good weather! I know my mom is nervous about the trip. I think they probably all are. It's about a 2 1/2 hour drive. We will certainly all rest easy once my dad is back in his own home! He can't wait to get there, rest, and heal by his massive Christmas tree! We are rejoicing!
Today has been quite an emotional day. When I said good-bye to my dad, I just crumbled into his arms and wept. I feel like I have "Post-Traumatic-My-Dad-Had-Major-Heart-Surgery-Stress-Syndrome". BUT, I am thanking God my dad will soon be on his way home! And soon, we will ALL be together for Christmas!
THANKS FOR PRAYING! Please pray tomorrow morning, too! THANK YOU SO MUCH!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Abs, you did a great job keeping us informed and taking care of your parents. You have been a good daughter! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Abby, you are amazing. God gave you the strength it took to write these posts and He will bless you greatly for the honor you showed to your parents. Way to go! Thanks, Ab.

Mel

y2krust said...

I felt badly for your dad (naturally!), but SO MUCH WORSE when I saw the pictures!!! I will most certainly be praying for the trip today! Love you.

Anonymous said...

I just knew JAWS was a true story! And your dad survived the attack! Whoa, I never dreamed the scar looked liked this...it's awful! But, it's a reminder of a great miracle! Can't wait to see you all in about 3 weeks! Lub, Aunt K

Katie said...

Sweeeet!!!!! :) And yes, you should've given a warning before posting those pics... I was not ready for that! I'll be praying:)

the way I see it... said...

dude i opened your blog in the middle of class tonight. the girls sitting next to me freaked out. still praying, and praising, for the Lord has most definitely made his presence known throughout this trial. love you.